Low Dose Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nicole,

Thanks so much for checking in. We all learn from each other. Since you are taking LDN be sure to check out the LDN board on Yahoo to keep up with the latest info. You can find experienced people posting about some of same issues you are facing.

Seems like an MRI would be a big help in establishing what is going on.

Vision issues are common among MSers. Over a period of several months my wife gradually lost vision in one eye until 100% totally gone. Stayed that way for a couple weeks and over a period of several months gradually came back 100% and has stayed that way for about 20 years.

Keep in mind that when you lose a function, very often that function returns because your brain does a “work around” to restore it. Especially when you are young.

Keep your chin up. It is most frustrating when a precise diagnosis evades us. Hopefully, it won’t be MS but if it is you can deal with it, if only because you must. BUT never has research been more promising than today. There is a great deal of research going on for treatments which halt progression and repair damage.

For now, stick with LDN since you are already on it. I personally know people who take it daily as a preventative, just like aspirin. It has a safety profile similar to aspirin. Whatever doctor put you on diet and LDN is probably a good one and in front of most.

If your vision problem is MS related, laser surgery is not going to help. The problem in MS is optic nerve. Laser surgery will solve nothing if optic nerve is the problem, IMO. Sounds like the same dumb things we were told when my wife had vision problems.

By the way, she is doing tremendously well today. So will you.

Everyone is pulling for you girl, hang in there! Clarity will come. Be at peace as much as is possible, clarity will finally show up.

Blessings to you!

Comment

[QUOTE=Myoak;1400727]
      Seems like an MRI would be a big help in establishing what is going on.

They did an MRI in September. But the double vision didn't start happening until the end of November. They say that because they did an MRI in Sept they don't see any reason to do one now. Which doesn't make any sense to me seeming as how symptoms started afterwards.

The opthamalogist did say he saw a little bit of swelling but wasn't concerned with it.

Oh well, I guess if I have the laser surgery and nothing changes then we can try an MRI.

Comment

Hi Nicole,

My sympathy because you are in a tough situation right now. It must be exceedingly difficult to endure double vision. No one can blame you for seeking relief.

My thinking is what if you do have surgery but in a month or two your vision changes again because the double vision was related to MS or neurological disorder, not the front of the eye? Would or could you have surgery again to correct your sight if it goes back to where it was pre- double vision?

I am not a doctor, nor am I giving medical advice, I'm just trying to think through the situation with you. Definitely get another qualified medical opinion or even two before surgery.

When faced with extremely complex decisions and I am unable to get a level of comfort which allows me to sleep at night, I stop. When I don't know the next move to make, I stop and wait. Keeping my mind open to what I hear, read, or contemplate when resting.

It may take only a few hours and it may take weeks but a course of action appropriate for me will come. Clarity about a decision I have to make will come if I wait for it. Only then will I have inward peace, a settledness in heart and mind, which gives me comfort in choosing the best alternative from the many possible.

Based on knowledge acquired while waiting, based on professional advice, based on my individual preferences, I make a choice and go with it in confidence that it was the best I could do.

The principal thing for me has been waiting for clarity and learning while waiting. For example, say I have 10 options and could choose any one of them. Often they fall away one by one as circumstances change or I learn something. Usually only one or two of the options will grow in prominence while others recede. Then I choose, making my best guess in the comfort of knowing I have done all that I could.

The God who loves you and the people who have empathy for you will help in some way which I don’t understand to bring understanding to your mind and peace to your spirit. I am not a theologian but there is strength to resource when we have no more of our own. Let that strength comfort you. It will.

Comment

I was told that I had 'carpal tunnel' syndrome before I was aware that I had MS. I had the tests and surgery for the carpal tunnel. It didn't improve my motor function.
          I was working at a place where one of the guys had the carpal tunnel surgery, a couple of years prior. He saw my recovery from the surgery and said I should have been back to normal. At that time, I wasn't. And my motor skills never improved. Then I began to see neurologists. After about 3 consults with the neurologist, I was dx'd with PPMS.
          I would be hesitant to have the 'laser' surgery. I would seek the advice of a 'neuro-opthalmologist' (sp). I know that you are in a tough spot. Good luck

Comment

Hey Nicole,

How is your vision? We all hope you are getting better.

Are you continuing with diet and LDN as a treatment even though they are unsure about MS?

For those interested in LDN news, knuckle posted that there will be a LDN conference at Harper College near Chicago, I believe he said Oct 5th.

Also, that TNI Biotech plans a SPMS trial next year using LDN. Knuckle has posted a thread titled "Useful LDN Information" which has some great links for those interested in LDN.

Hang in there Nicole, we are all pulling for you!

Comment

Hey Myoak,
              My vision hasn't improved in the slightest. It is still the same as it has been since Thanksgiving. Hasn't let up, not even for one day.

I am still taking the LDN and following the diet as treatment. I am not as strict in my diet as I was, just very aware and moderating what I am eating. Following it to the T was stressing me out and putting me in a very unhealthy mindset because I was constantly focused it, to the point I didn't even want to eat anymore.

The LDN is definitely working. I ran out for a few days, and my spasticity has gotten worse. I haven't leveled back out since I ran out a week or so ago. I'm not sure if it is coincidence or not. Regardless, I have noticed a decline.

Thanks for caring and checking in with me

Comment

Working...
              X