staying positive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

staying positive

i was dx sept 2012, i have a very supporting husband thank goodness, i am going to school to be a pharmacy tech. My left side feels like it is made out of concrete and can not hardly move. My kids lets just say are less supportive of me now, but i am staying positive because i am a positve person. I have a great husband, a great sister and a happy life and i graduate in march. I will not let this beat me.

I am very pleased to read your post. I am not always the most positive person but I rely on this site to bring me some solace. And it is people like you, with your positivity, that help me keep my head 'in the game'. Thank you and I wish you the best. Also, your pharmacy experience should help you with making sense of the treatments of MS. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
      I am not always the most positive person but I rely on this site to bring me some solace
      There's lots of us who agree, very well said!

rocco2007, sorry for your diagnosis, it sounds like you are on the right track staying positive and "keeping on keeping on" with your goals. Kids will be kids as you know but thank goodness you have a supportive husband and sister. Congrats in advance on your schooling!
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Rocco, welcome to this site. By having a positive attitude you will win half the battle. MS is NOT easy but it can be a lot easier by staying positive. Also, having a supportive husband is a HUGE help. No matter what life hands you having a supportive spouse is so important.
        Jacque

dxd August 2011 at age of 65

Comment

Being positive is a great blessing. I've seen rich people sad and poor people happy and it all boils down to your attitude of gratitude!

Having said that, kids and heavy legs aren't fun at all!
          Brenda
          Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

Hi Rocco!

Sorry for the reason your here at MS World, but very glad you are.

You're off to a great start with your attitude and training. Thank you for joining. I'm still learning to be more positive about all this so folks like you help more than you know!

Thank said, please don't be afraid to "break down" whenever you need to. This is definitely the place to do so and you find lots of folks ready to help you back up when you fall.

Best wishes!

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsgood View Post
              Hi Rocco!

Sorry for the reason your here at MS World, but very glad you are.

You're off to a great start with your attitude and training. Thank you for joining. I'm still learning to be more positive about all this so folks like you help more than you know!

Thank said, please don't be afraid to "break down" whenever you need to. This is definitely the place to do so and you find lots of folks ready to help you back up when you fall.

Best wishes!
              I broke down yesterday and cried for a couple of hours after school. I did it before my husband got home from work, he wears his heart on his sleeve and is a very emotional person. I am glad i found a place i can come to talk with people. I am still positive and always will be.

Comment

Aww that's okay. A good cry is not a bad thing!

I can sympathize about your husband. It's harder to keep upbeat when you see your spouse hurting. Don't let him forget that you are both in this together and being emotional is okay!

Mine does the exact opposite and bottles things up, which is not good because it always comes out. Which has started happening in the last several days because he's angry, frustrated and just wants to "fix" everything for me.

On the upside, mine voluntarily picked up some caregivers literature while we were at the clinic the other day and is trying very hard to be open with me. I'm also pushing him to start visiting the gym so he can go punch the heck out of something. Once a military guy, always a military guy. But blowing things up is kind of a bad idea...

Comment

Originally posted by rocco2007 View Post
                  i was dx sept 2012, i have a very supporting husband thank goodness, i am going to school to be a pharmacy tech. My left side feels like it is made out of concrete and can not hardly move. My kids lets just say are less supportive of me now, but i am staying positive because i am a positve person. I have a great husband, a great sister and a happy life and i graduate in march. I will not let this beat me.
                  Kudos to you for staying positive. A positive attitude, a supportive husband are very important....it REALLY helps. I do not show how I feel a lot of times in front of my husband..he is not that supportive.

He's the "suck it up" type of guy. Keep his feelings to himself. One time I shared with him that I don't know how long I can continue to work due to sitting all day and my leg bothering me a lot.. he told me, you have no choice...that was like a slap in my face.

Thank God I do have a supportive special friend in my corner. Like you, I try to stay positive.. when I was first diagnosed about 2 years ago.. my neuro told me its not a death sentence.. I continue to tell myself that from time to time... it helps.

So far, I have been doing ok.. except for the tight muscles and sitting at work all day does takes it toll. I am praying that God makes a way for me financially to resign from my job...I do believe he will.

Ms. Jay

Comment

Best wishes!

A pharmacy tech? Wow, that is awesome. I hope you DO stay positive because sometimes it all comes down to attitude. It is good to have a partner who is supportive - it can make a world of difference. And - I cry in the shower sometimes just so mine doesn't necessarily know I needed to shed a couple tears.

Comment

Working...
                    X