used medical equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used medical equipment

I have tried starting this thread before. Unfortunately, I need more advice in this area.

I have a stationary bike that I use to help with exercise, energy, spasticity and weigh control...

I have a wonderful friend that resides in a nursing home.

She too would like to use a cycle for the same reasons.

She does occassionally use the PT equipment at the nursing home.

But with insurance and medicare there is always a limit to the number of sessions she can have.

She does swim twice a week, but even now that is being threatened.

She moved to a different (much better and brighter) nursing home. Now the transportation wants to charge her an extreme amount to get her to and from the YMCA.

We have looked into cycles with motors like the theracycle. She needs something that can be rolled up to her wheelchair. Something that can also be used on the table woud be great.

The price of the theracycle makes it untouchable.

I have searched for similar cycles and they seem like they would wear out quickly.

Any ideas for clearinghouses or equipment rentals would be greatly appreciated.

I have already contacted the MS Society and they were not able to offer any direction.

Thank you,

I have a very basic set of pedals that is mounted to a frame that sits on the floor. It has a winding screw for tension, the only problem is that it is so light that it don't stay in place so I tied a rope around it that was also attached to my chair to hold it from moving out from me as I was using it. I believe I got it from ebay, but it could of been Allegro Medical, been so long ago that I can't remember. Do a "Google" search for exercise pedals and you should have no problems finding something. I think the one I bought was around $35.
    "Life is too short to be taken seriously." ~ Mel Brooks

Comment

I have a Sunny Health and Fitness Motorized Mini Bike
      I got it for just over 110 dollars.
      It can be used on the counter top for your hand exercise. It is motorized but I use it without the motor as it has resistance
      You can use it with your feet also.
      I had the one that you screw down for the tension but I wore it out as I kept having to tighten down the screw.

I googled it and found one in exercise bikes

good luck

Comment

Re: used medical equipment

You can go for a fitness bike. That will fulfill the requirement of your friend.

------------------

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

I keep searching for something that is sturdy and won't wear out.

She needs it to be motorized. Something like "forced excercise." is what I keep finding.

I just want it to last for her.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X