Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supplementation with Gold?

Hi Tara!
    Thanks for doing this! Okay so out of the blue I got it in my little head that I would like to try using colloidal gold as a supplement. I found some literature to support the fact that it can help with neurological disorders mainly from Germany i believe. Not much out there.
    The interesting read was how Edgar Cayce (the sleeping prophet) used it for multiple sclerosis patients several hundred times... interesting like I said.
    From what I found, it can't hurt in small amounts, and I'm kind of like, "what have I got to lose?!" So I went ahead and ordered a month supply to see if it helps in anyway. The only real research has been in regards to RH and it does seem to help with that.
    Have you ever heard of this? If so, what and is this just another way to waste money on snake oil?

Any feedback is appreciated!
    Hugs,
    Katie
    "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a woman"

I'd never heard of Edgar cayce before, very interesting person to read about! Sorry I don't have any info about your query, just wanted to say thanks for the interesting topic

Comment

In terms of our physiology, gold is inert.
      If you need a cap or a crown on a tooth, go for it. Suspended in the bloodstream? Like I wrote at the start, its inert.

Comment

Colloidal gold may not hurt in small amounts, but those small amounts might be too small to cause any benefit, which would make it a waste of money.

I can think of three questions you should ask yourself.

1) What kind of "neurological disorders" does the literature apply to? That's a pretty general term that can be used to promote almost any kind of treatment and could mean anything.

2) How does the colloidal gold product you're going to take compare to the gold salts that are used therapeutically (primarily for rheumatoid arthritis)? Is it a form that the body can use or a form that can't even be metabolized?

3) Why do you would want to try it when there are other approaches that are more effective for MS symptoms and it might take months to see any benefit (if there is one from the colloidal form)?

"Not much out there" about colloidal gold for "neurological conditions" means that there's not much to be said about it and should be a clue to you about its usefulness.

http://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arth...toid-arthritis

Comment

Gold

Well, I look at it like this. It costs very little and the big pharma companies cannot patent gold.
          All minerals that our body uses are inert. They go in the body and leave the body the same way, which is really a good thing. Up until about a decade ago, gold was a leading treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. It's since been replaced by treatments with fewer or milder side effects, such as COX-2 inhibitors and methotrexate.

Exactly how gold works against arthritis is still unknown. (We like to think due to our egos that we know everything but we don't) Like I always say, Doctors are just practicing... new information comes out everyday! Thank GOD!

Okay, so I've been taking this as a supplement for the past week. I can tell a difference in my meditations and my ability to concentrate. So what if it is a placebo? I don't care I have always wished we could bottle up placebo so I could benefit from it.

I called and talked to the chemical biologist that developed the product I'm using. Super kind and informative. Again it's just something I'm giving a shot at and wanted to hear if anyone else had heard of it.

Hugs,
          Katie
          "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a woman"

Comment

Working...
          X