Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 months free....

Well....

HOW are you folks getting 3 months free???!

Is that in place?

Again.....there are those of us who wish you would provide
    some information as to HOW you got 3 months free!

THANKS.....from all of US!......

-
    "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing…you're right."

-Henry Ford

Comment

Call up Aubagio and get the ball rolling for treatment, and the first three months are in theory free. Free as in they pay your copay; no clue how it works with no insurance, etc.

Originally posted by rockherman View Post
      Well....

HOW are you folks getting 3 months free???!

Is that in place?

Again.....there are those of us who wish you would provide
      some information as to HOW you got 3 months free!

THANKS.....from all of US!......

-

Comment

Call up Aubagio???....

Originally posted by Alicious View Post
        Call up Aubagio and get the ball rolling for treatment, and the first three months are in theory free. Free as in they pay your copay; no clue how it works with no insurance, etc.
        When you say "Call up Aubagio".....exactly who did you call?

Genzyme?

Very picky!.....see list of who is eligible here for
        their copay assistance program;
        http://www.genzyme.com/promos/fzcopay.aspx

...and an even larger list of who is NOT eligible
        also....

I'm guessing your not with a Medicare plan?

-
        "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing…you're right."

-Henry Ford

Comment

Funding for Aubagio

There is funding out there available for Aubagio. I went to my Neuro doctor on 4-2-13 and he prescribed this new drug. I called the MS one to one #800-676-6326 same day. They gave me 4 or so different numbers to call about available funding. (I only have Medicare and Medco script plan for scripts).

I called all the numbers and no funding available but was told to call back often as the funding does open up from time to time. I started calling #'s a couple times a weeks and then on 4-22-13 I called and funding was available....yeah for me!

By Friday the 26th the specialty pharmacy called to set up my shipment. On Tuesday the 30th my first 28 day supply will be delivered to my door....and NO COPAY...NO OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE TO ME! They told me this is good for 1 year.

I am still in shock, when I first called the pharmacy they had told me my copay would be $1741. for the first month. So I am writing this to let everyone no there is funding and don't give up hope. The # for the assistance I called and got approval through is (1-877-245-4412). I sure hope this drug will work for me and that I have no bad side affects and the funding continues. Good Luck to all and hope this helps!

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

No co-pay assistance for Medicare

I know this thread is very old but wanted to add a comment...

Yes it's true that Aubagio's drug company (or that of any other DMD) does not provide co-pay assistance to enrollees of any state or federally-funded healthcare programs. BY LAW, THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO!

My doctor once explained the reasoning behind this and, at that time, it made perfect sense. Now, for the life of me, I can't remember what the reason is.

I know this won't help any of you with the cost of these expensive drugs but, hopefully, it will help you understand and navigate the system.
            Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
            Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

The pharmaceutical companies can't offer co-pay assistance to anyone with a government sponsored insurance plan because of Federal anti-kickback laws.
              "Hope for the best and plan for the worst. That way, all your surprises will be pleasant."
              Verin Mathwin, The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Comment

Working...
              X