No announcement yet.

Nutritional yeast anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds like what information is out there on this is conflicting. It's hard to know which source to trust.

I'm not going to see the neuro that would be able to give me an answer on how this is related to migraines. I'm done there, and feel like it's not worth the trip.

In the meantime, I'll pay more attention to this possibility. It seems like there are times I'm migraine prone, and at those times just about every trigger on the list can cause one. Then there are other times I go months or years without a problem. I'm reading that's pretty typical of migraines. They can go into remission. This is probably why I have such a hard time pinning down the triggers.

Needless to say, I'm leery of the nutritional yeast and reluctant to try it again.
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Wow

I use nutritional yeast a lot - to make seitan (vegan protein) - I had no idea it contains msg. I only recently learned mushrooms and tomatoes contain msg. How much is too much? I'm not sure how to eliminate this.

Comment

Sunshine, if you really want to eliminate MSG, you have to root it out by avoiding all of the labels (and there are many) the food industry uses to hide its presence. It takes persistent detective work and dedication. The easiest way is to just not consume anything premade or processed.

As far as tomatoes and mushrooms, those never seem to cause me a problem. Other sources like soy sauce and this nutritional yeast, have caused me problems. I'm more inclined to avoid the manufactured and concentrated versions of MSG (food additives) than the more naturally balanced sources.
        It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Working...
        X