HELLO FROM NORTH CARLINA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELLO FROM NORTH CARLINA

I HAVE BEEN ON THE SITE AWHILE BUT NEED TO INTRODUCE MYSELF. IM 61 AND HAVE SPMS, CURRENTLY LIVING IN ASSISTED CARE. I READ THIS BOARD DAILY AND APPRECTIATE ALL THE EXPERIENCE AND HOPE. MY HOPE IS THAT AN EFFECTIVE TREATMENT FOR SPMS WILL BE DEVELOPED ALLOWING US ALL TO LEAD A MORE INDEPENDENT LIFE. THANKS, DALE IN NC
    Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Hi: I live in NC too. Raleigh. Good to meet you. I am still RRMS, but my good friend is SPMS. He too is in a nursing facility. I hope you like it there...I know it is not home, but hope they are good to you.

Glad you spoke up!

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Nice to meet you Dale, I am RRMS but also hope that something will be developed to give you and many other SP/PPMS'ers get some independence and relief from this.
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

A warm welcome Dale! It's great you are here. I also have SPMS and life in general is getting harder. But we persevere, don't we? Like you, I am also hoping for something for SPMS'ers - like something that will reverse the damage!!

Hope you visit often and share your journey with us. Take care~
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

HI there Dale! Just noticed you are/were an Oral Surgeon. I worked in the dental field many moons ago, and then moved on to psychotherapy/hospice work as a social worker.

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome, though this is a bit late..sorry! I just noticed your post today.

May I ask why you are in asst living?
          My hope is that you can and will improve~
          Hang in there.. we're on this journey all together~

Warmly, Jan
          I believe in miracles~!
          2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
          Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

update

old introduction. Just moved to South Carolina to be close to my younger children and into a new assisted care facility. Need to be here Because I need help with some things and living alone wasn't working out. I'm in a wheel chair full time. I'm sort of stressed out at the moment trying to change neuro and PCP and getting used to the new facility. I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for reading. Take care Dale
            Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

I want to say hey!!!! I have RRMS and I also live in North Carolina. Hope you do well.

Comment

Originally posted by dalechilders51 View Post
                old introduction. Just moved to South Carolina to be close to my younger children and into a new assisted care facility. Need to be here Because I need help with some things and living alone wasn't working out. I'm in a wheel chair full time. I'm sort of stressed out at the moment trying to change neuro and PCP and getting used to the new facility. I hope you are all doing well. Thanks for reading. Take care Dale
                Sorry for ALL you are going through, making changes, having your life turned around, upside down. At least you are closer to your children. That's good, right? Just know that you do not walk this journey alone..WE're here for you.. anytime.

Hugs, Dale, hope you find a great Neuro and Primary.. I just did and it means the world!!

Warmly, Jan
                I believe in miracles~!
                2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Working...
                X