X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG another thing to deal with....

Hi all,

I posted this in the I can relate room and ten saw this one

This is very embarrassing but I have no one else to talk to about it.

I finally got my bowel incontinence under control and now all of a sudden I noticed that my underwear is wet. I actually thought I might have gotten my period but when I checked it was urine. I've noticed I have been getting that for about a week now. After some research it said urinary incontinence which I thought was not being able to make it the the bathroom in time, which BTW, I have, but not all the time.

Has anyone ever had this and what did your doc say about it? I swear I feel like I just get one calmed down and the gods that be say "oh no you don't...... Don't get comfortable just yet". Ugggh
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

I am told I have a neurogenic bladder. After sitting a spell and get up (very STRONG uncomfortable urge) I often have to GO and pronto! Just to complicate things I also have retention, aka bladder does not empty completely, or at least not as empty as it should. Then on top of that I have a urinary stricture, so I sometimes go very little even with a strong need.

I had a nearly all night sleepless night, the dam broke about 5am or so and at long last able to sleep. After that I got back in to see a urologist. I could not get a quick apt with a doc but was able to get in to see their NP.

First thing she checked
    was my PVR and I had over 300ml in my bladder, 3x the 100ml NIH limit for possible kidney damage. Well I already have CKD stage-3 and this may be part of the cause? It was an on the spot lesson on how to self-cath and given supplies. Two weeks later I had a bladder/ uro-dynamics test, same results. I voided over 200 ml just fine, but still had over 300 ml left.

I am scheduled for surgery later this month, but I was told I would probably still have to self cath. I must admit I sleep better after cathing. That has also helped with my leaking as well.

BTW urogenic bladder is a common MS sx, or so I hear.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

incontinence

I am entering menopause and have had problems with stress incontinence,The digital readout lets you know when the pelvic muscles are working correctly -- unlike many other Kegel exercisers. Although suggested as a daily exercise, even once a week has improved my muscle tone to prevent accidental leaks. As mentioned above, the sensors do have to be replaced but meticulous care and cleaning extend their life -- my last two have lasted over a year. Also, I occasionally use a condom over the phallic-shaped sensor; this also helps prolong the sensor life. A drop or two of Astrolube helps with lubrication. I really suggest you try this pelvic muscle trainer XFT-0010.

Comment

Working...
      X