Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG! Something else to go wrong...will it ever stop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! Something else to go wrong...will it ever stop?

Hi all,

This is very embarrassing but I have no one else to talk to about it.

I finally got my bowel incontinence under control and now all of a sudden I noticed that my underwear is wet. I actually thought I might have gotten my period but when I checked it was urine. I've noticed I have been getting that for about a week now. After some research it said urinary incontinence which I thought was not being able to make it the the bathroom in time, which BTW, I have, but not all the time.

Has anyone ever had this and what did your doc say about it? I swear I feel like I just get one calmed down and the gods that be say "oh no you don't...... Don't get comfortable just yet". Ugggh
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

That is definitely frustrating to feel like... yes, under control! no, wait... just kidding!!

I actually have the opposite problem. The only time I had incontinence is when I was pregnant (which was obviously baby related rather than MS.) I have to take Flomax to help me be able to go, otherwise it's like I have to concentrate and relax my muscles to will myself to pee.

I hope you get some more helpful feedback than I've provided... thank you for helping me keep it in perspective. As frustrating as mine can be, I think yours is definitely more of an inconvenience! Hope you figure it out :-)
    A life lived in fear is a life half-lived.

Comment

I'm sure there are many potential causes; but I know it can happen from consistently drinking large amounts of caffeine.

Comment

I think fitness people would recommend doing Keagal exercises to strengthen your muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by NYJenn View Post
          I think fitness people would recommend doing Keagal exercises to strengthen your muscles.
          This. It's a start anyway.

I developed this problem while I was pregnant with my second son. I thought I was leaking amniotic fluid and was mortified when my doc said, "nope. It's just pee."

He said it was normal, but still.

I still have issues with this and really need to do kegels
          Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

incontinence

I called these sneak attacks. I can Kegel all day long on command. I still have sneak attacks and have for years. I only have them occasionally now because of other problems taking their place in the vicinity. I think the sneakers are more healthy than being stopped up all the time. Thank goodness for pads.

Comment

Working...
            X