Any other professionals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other professionals?

I see a ton of posts from nurses. Are there any other healthcare professionals visiting this site?
    Dx: 2001
    Currently on Tysabri since Dec 2010
    Feel lucky to be doing so well!

YUP! I am a pharmacist and I have MS. Are you a healthcare professional?
    Diagnosed 7/11/11
    On Copaxone 7/11- 12/13
    On Tecfidera 12/13- current

Comment

Rex?

There was a guy here, Rex maybe?, a MRI technologist, hopefully I got that title correct, who was a wealth of knowledge also.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

There are other healthcare professionals who have been in the forum here, and they show up from time to time in other health-related forums I've been in. From what I've seen over the years, they usually don't last long.

Comment

Healthcare Prof

There are several healthcare prof who do not like to represent themselves as such because they are afraid if they give out advice or their opinion, they can get in trouble. We discussed this on another thread a few months ago. I would copy it, but I cannot remember what it was or I would copy the link.
          RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

I'm an almost veterinarian I'm in my 3rd year of vet school.

Comment

Very cool! The critters are my first love.
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              Anonymous

Comment

I work in the field of sleep medicine. I think that it is a slippy slope to make recommendations or give opinions because it's been drilled into me not to. That is the job of doctors. But I'm also not an idiot, so I would offer advice on how to improve your sleep quality, if others would consider it to be the words of someone who's not in charge of the show
                Do you need or enjoy fear, worries and restlessness? If you don't, then why do you keep inviting them into your mind?

Comment

There are so many threads and posts bashing doctors and pharmacists that I think very few would want to post here, only to be bashed. I think there are enough nurses here to have "safety in numbers."

Comment

LOL, this is getting funny, to a healthcare pro.

My observance, of it is: Few have a natural gift, for it. The truth is: With my M.S., I might give you advice of things I know freely and willfully. But, I may not remember what tests or something you told me. I speak on the things I am sure of. For well over 20 years, after not working, I still call out paramedic orders on the radio..of my pillow!

I think, we will start seeing medical workers with PTSD, in droves!

This is the internet and people can say anything.

If we are talking M.S, the patients, probably know more than the pros! I had no clue!

Vet school, hard! Have fun. I believe Vets know more than M.D.'s these days! Which is really true, they have to know, HOW, to treat the entire patient. Nowadays, a knee doc, doesn't seem to know crap about the hip!

Everyone can be wrong and I don't trust my judgement, until I have a better handle on my life. I do put in, what I do know and hope for others to chime in and correct or redirect with more information. No One person, will know enough.
                    U
                    I come here for help and support; what kind of person, only takes?

Even the ones that will speak up, can be regretful! I have no problem helping someone, however, I am more reserved now, knowing my diagnosis. Perhaps, that is more the case: They don't want to cause you harm. OR, simply, do not know.

We are in for some rough medical times. IF we don't help each other, who will, really!
                    This medical care system;

Comment

Originally posted by onlyairfare View Post
                      There are so many threads and posts bashing doctors and pharmacists that I think very few would want to post here, only to be bashed.
                      Great point.
                      Anonymous

Comment

I'm a vet also, I qualified 4 years ago, diagnosed in October.

Comment

Former Lab tech, now in Info Tech

Had been a hospital Lab tech (1985 to 2004). Chemistry supervisor for a while in a small community hospital.

Went to the dark side 8 years ago, and work for the IT dept. Still keep my fingers on the pulse of the lab in my current role with the clinical information systems here.
                          RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
                          "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

Comment

Medical physicist / radiation safety officer/ MRI physicist, so kinda medical
                            First Symptom: May 2007
                            Dx: August 2007

Comment

I was a licensed social worker (LBSW), working in the public health field in our county health department. I "sort of" considered myself to be a health care professional, although I'll be quick to say that my training wasn't in health care, but in social work.

When I come here (which is only very occasionally), it is not to give advice as a health care professional. It is to share stories about my personal experiences as a health care "professional" (or, whatever I am/was) who has MS.

I went on disability in 2008, and chose to let my social work license lapse, rather than going to the time and expense of continuing to keep it up when I no longer use it.

~ Faith
                              ~ Faith
                              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                              X