Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help!

Just seeking some advice. Not sure what is wrong with me but MS is something I am thinking. Just going to throw out my symptoms and see what people say. Ok, first off I am always in constant pain, it gets better and worse at times. I sometimes lay in bed and almost feel like I can't move my legs. I get weird sensations in my arms and legs like someone is pricking me with tons of needles or something. And alot of days now my body feels like it is so tense. And I mean tense, almost like a feeling you think you would get before you have a seizure.

I can no longer even hold babies anymore without my arms getting so weak and shaky. My arms and legs twitch or jump constantly now. Their are more symptoms but the worst is the weird sensation in my head. This may sound weird but it almost is like the feeling where your hand or something goes to sleep but it is in my head. Sounds weird but it is the best way to describe it.

I do also get dizzy. My legs hurt all the time and sometimes it feels like my body is on fire. My aunt has MS but I didn't think it was hereditary?? Not sure what is wrong with me. Dr thinks it is fibromaylgia, anxiety, depression and whatever else. I have not been tested for MS. I go back to the dr. next week. Anyone have any input?? Please help

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

you're not alone

hey carebear28

yes i know that feeling of the head being asleep but it's not a big thing for me. am also in limbo land and there's lots of people here who are. some of the posts further down the page are from more people who have and are running the gauntlet of tests and possible dx. so you're not alone.

some people have said fibromyalgia was one dx before ruled out and then maybe it's MS. some people have said other things. there's even a page on this site or is it in this forum? that deals with some known alternative diagnoses to MS and what they are. fibro isn't one of them but i wouldn't be surprised if in some situations it could be, basically process of elimination and it sounds like MS is idiosyncratic enough for it to sometimes look like other illnesses and for different patients to have different symptoms (like we are all at a restaurant and our bodies are ordering dishes from a menu against our will or something, the food stinks but the company here is great, whatever label they give your situation)

nervous system stuff is complicated and takes a bit of work just to disentangle what is going on. so i guess i'm not surprised that we're all going through limbo and it sometimes drives us nuts. but whatever it is you will get there eventually and the big stress will pass there is a good day coming maybe it's today maybe it's in a few days or weeks but it will come.xxxx
    ---------
    Wishing everyone luck and as many good days as possible.

Comment

Working...
    X