Definitely not MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not MS

Sometimes being a nurse sucks! I read to much and knowing stuff hurts. I don't have MS.

I will be going back to UofM for further testing. ALS is not out of the picture, that's all I can say. I don't know how to deal with this,

So worried about my family,

Baydenoc

Baydenoc, your story is sounding familiar. I sure hope it's not ALS. What would make you draw that conclusion, if you don't mind me asking. I'm sorry, I have been so wrapped up in my family things and own health issues, I've not kept up with what's happening here.
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by baydenoc View Post
      Sometimes being a nurse sucks! I read to much and knowing stuff hurts. I don't have MS.

I will be going back to UofM for further testing. ALS is not out of the picture, that's all I can say. I don't know how to deal with this,

So worried about my family,

Baydenoc
      Please keep us posted as to what they find out. We will be thinking about you.
      Prayers.
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Definitely not MS

Yesterday the Dr said it was a Neurodegenerative Disease and he was not convinced ALS had been ruled out.

That was the one disease I hoped would not be in the equation.

Thank you for all the support. I appreciate it.

Comment

hope it's not either, but hold head high

hey there

i hope it's not either. and i don't know what i can say to help as this is a very scary time no matter what the results are, if its not ALS that would of course be better though. i fear that more than MS to be honest.

i remembered ALS today and maybe what i remembered will help. i was worried about what i can do with my life with my issues and to be honest would prefer MS over that illness anyday of the week but then I remembered that Professor Steven Hawking has ALS.

I don't know how much you know about the person but what i do reminded me that even if it is ALS that doesn't mean life needs to be short nor does it need to be without contribution. When he was young, in the 70s, he began his doctorate. That is when he was diagnosed and he nearly gave up his PHD. But he didn't. Now we know about black holes and many other things, he has written books that have inspired people all around the world and I'm sure many of those people have become scientists too. He's not just any old physicist, he's regarded as the Einstein of our generation. A king amongst physicists, and right now, all he can physically do is blink.

But that blinking writes books and tells stories. It changes the world and for the better. As a nurse you have already helped many people in the world. Now just imagine how many stories you have to tell. How many lessons of life you can reflect upon. How many books that may come from that, if that's what you want to do.

Maybe it's ALS and Maybe it's not. But if it is, you could be the Steven Hawking of Nurses. A modern day Florence Nightingale. hugs
          ---------
          Wishing everyone luck and as many good days as possible.

Comment

No sensory symptoms?

I'm so sorry you're having to worry about this. After getting hit with the possibility of cancer, I can't imagine how hard the possibility of ALS would hit.

Are they planning more testing?
            It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Working...
            X