My Father died.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Father died.

My father passed away unexpectantly. I got the call from my mother and within a short time, my husband and I had started on the 8 hour drive. My parents were married 54 years. Their friends were stopping by and calling one after the other. They were wonderful and willing to help in anyway they could.

One of the problems is that some of the family involved are all for themselves. I'm sick of the whining and complaining. It all has to be how they want things handled. They just don't get it. It isn't about them. Yes, they lost someone too but my mother lost her husband. All of their children's lives have moved on. None of us have lived at home for more than twenty years. My husband and I have been running interfearance making sure my parents wishes are carried out. I know my father would have wanted this. For the life of me, I can't figure out why their wishes aren't a concern to others.

I am exhausted, in terrible pain, unable to sleep, etc. MS is making its presence known in more ways than I can count at the moment. I feel like I haven't had time to even catch my breath let alone begin to greive. My husband drove us the 8 hour trip back. Driving is so hard on me. The man has been wonderful through all this. Tomorrow will be filled with more phone calls that need to be made on my Mom's behalf. I'm happy that I can help her but for those that are only causing drama-enough!

Please remember that if you find yourself in times like these, it doesn't matter if you don't like the way something is worded or you want something done differently, it is important to support and follow the wishes of the one that has passed on.

Kalli,
    Very sorry to hear. My dad is 92. Try to remember how lucky your dad was to have you in his life.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through right now with the loss of your father, family troubles, 8 hours distance between you and your mother, and MS symptoms on top if it all. You and your family are in my prayers.
      , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost my Dad in 2008. It was not unexpected. I used to call him every Thursday to chat.
        It's taken me a long time to get over missing our Thursday talks.
        They weren't about anything important just a chance to talk together.
        Things will sort themselves out. Give yourself time to grieve later.
        ((((hugs))))
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

Thinking of you and your family.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

I am truly sorry for your loss.

As your MS "family" , we are here for you. Just ask

Prayers to you and yours
            Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
            RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
            Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

All of us at MSW send our condolences for you, your mom and your family. You are in our prayers Please try to take time to care for yourself too!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you all so much...

I want you to know that with every word that each of you typed it brought me comfort. I appreciate your thoughts, words and prayers. Thank you so much. When you go to sleep tonight, know that you helped someone today.

Comment

so sorry

you are going thru this.
                  it is never easy to lose a parent. doubly worse when others arent playing nice.
                  i had a big taste of that when mom died.
                  your mom is blessed to have you!
                  do be sure and take tiime for you. If you dont your MSwill make you stop.
                  praying right now for you and yours

take care and God bless you thru this!
                  "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

very sorry Kalliope

I am very sorry for you loss...I lost my Dad in 2005 and miss him everyday..and now I lost my Mom this summer....cherish the precious time you have with your Mom..
                    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

so sorry for your loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours
                      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                      volunteer
                      MS World
                      hunterd@msworld.org
                      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

So sorry

I am so sorry for your loss. I have witnessed behavior that you are describing and it only makes grieving that much difficult for everyone involved. And to top it off, your MS symptoms..........I pray that you and your family are able to find peace in this unfortunate situation.
                        RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. Losing a parent, no matter how old, is a monumental loss and I hope you get through this without your MS symptoms flaring up too badly. Please listen to your body and try not to bother too much with those who act selfish. I'm 47 and have lost both parents, I treasure the memories that we had. Please try to take solace in your wonderful memories, it is what will get you through this.
                          Jen
                          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Today was a brighter day.

Some of the squabbling has died down. I think some of them finally realized that our loss is much more important than them getting their way. There are still a few that want to complain. The sad truth is-some people just like to complain. I'm still only concerned with what my father wanted and what my mother wants.

I slept today, thought about my Dad and had sometime to myself (without any distraction) to take it all in. My mind has wondered through different memories about him. It is strange to think more of those memories won't be made.
                            Reading your posts, so many of you have lost a parent and in some cases, both of them. I am so sorry for your loss too.

MS has cut me some slack today. I have no doubt your prayers had something to do with that. You and the kindness you've shown me have helped immensly. Thank you all.

Comment

Registered Member

Thinking of you and your family!

Comment

Working...
                              X