Hardened Breasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardened Breasts

I've had this for a couple years and am looking for similar experiences! One day I noticed that my breasts were hardening and were severely painful. This lasted for a couple months, then went away. Since then its been a regular off/on occurrence. I had one doctor tell me I was faking, and one actually did an exam on me and told me she found small lumps. She had an ultrasound ordered, which only found that I had thick breast tissue. It's still happening and so painful I can't even take off my bra without it hurting. Even wearing a bra hurts. Anyone else ever??

Me, too.

I have experienced the same thing. During my last annual exam, my doctor said that I had thickening of the breast tissue, but didn't seem concerned. My breasts are often painful, too.

Have you noticed any correlation to your cycle? I haven't really, but am wondering if I should pay more attention to see for sure.
    ~Lisa~
    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD...(Jer 29:11)

Comment

I don't have one. Well, I guess I have a random two days of spotting every couple months or so. -Mirena IUD. I've had it for five years now. Not sure if anything like that correlates :/

Comment

I spent my life with this. I'm 50 years old and get swollen, hard breast at least a few times a month.

I can't wear a bra during this time...it lasts almost a week. When the swelling gets so bad, my breast start leaking.

When I went for an ultrasound they asked me how long I'd been breast feeding.

Btw, I had a hysterectomy when I was 26. Go figure!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

I don't have actual physical symptoms, but it's more of a sensory thing.

All of a sudden it'll hit me and feel like my bra is 3 sizes too small. It took me a long time to figure out it was a sensory symptom. I used to think it was hormonal.

But like I said, for me it isn't an actual physical thing that's happening, just a feeling.

Keep getting those mammograms ladies, and also diagnostic ones if they recommend it.

My sister was scheduled for a hysterectomy, and thankfully our urogyn, who did both of our hysterectomies, and lots of prolapse surgery for me (thank you MS), is hyper vigilant and made her get a new mammo before the surgery. (he also makes you get a colonoscopy before the surgery.)

Anyhoo, found the cancer, really early, but still had to have lumpectomy, nodes removed, radiation and chemo.

So much better to catch it early, and now the cancer center follows her so closely...what a difference between oncologists and neurologists. A friend just recently had her oncologist (she has a blood disorder, not cancer) call her on a Sunday afternoon so she wouldn't have to wait any longer for her blood test results. My sister always says that cancer patients get treated much better than MS patients Not that it's a competition, but she's been involved in my dealings and the occasional appt with a neuro. Then she experiened the care of her oncologist and team of physicians, and she said there's no comparison. I guess it's because cancer can be terminal, or there's a protocol to follow for a patient versus MS which is so unpredictable...but it is what it is.

Comment

Seriously to me it sounds like when the ducts fill prior to nursing. If you've never done it it can be quite painful say when you wake in the morning without feeding the baby all night. I would talk to your GYN about it. If they are an OB/GYN, even better. Perhaps something is going on and something is blocked or gets blocked.

Comment

Working...
            X