Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just diagnosed with "Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis"

Oh, hi.

I'm Holly. I have been sick since 1989 but finally went to a doctor this week and was diagnosed with the mouthful in the title line. The only emotion I have about it at this time is curiosity, so I hope you don't mind if I join in some discussions and ask piles and piles of questions (OK, maybe only one pile of questions, but it may be a big one ).

Holly
    Holly

Ain't lost yet, so I gotta be a winner.
    - The Replacements

Welcome Holly! Sorry we had to meet this way

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want/need to - we have a vast wealth of knowledge among the members here & everyone is willing to share their experiences.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Hi Holly:
      Sorry you had to join the club. This is a good place for questions though.

What meds are you on?
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

Holly,
        Welcome to the boards. I am sorry you heard the dreaded words from your doctor, but such is life !
        If you are dx'd with Relapsing Remitting MS, you are in the majority of those dx'd. I would suggest that you investigate one of the DMD's, injectable or oral.
        There are other forms of MS but there are no drugs studied or apoved for the treatment of trhose forms. I am dx'd Primary Progressive MS. I am working with diet as treatment. There is some years of documentation to support this course. What other choice do I have ? I would suggest that you take a good look at your diet and supplement your conventional treatments with good diet choices. Good luck

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Holly! It's nice to meet you and we are glad you found us. We are not doctors, but we will try to answer your Q's based on our own experiences. Come back often and ask away! There is a newly diagnosed sub-forum here led by gomer where others check in each week. You might be interested in joining this group as well

Feel free to explore all of MSW - lots of great people and information!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
            What meds are you on?
            I don't take any. I only went to a doctor because my work supervisor demanded that I give her a doctor's note stating that there is a medical reason for occasionally falling and that I can do my job without risking danger to others (I think she thought I was drunk.) I don't intend to seek treatment, unless my supervisor can find a legal way to force me (I'd like to see her try . . . ).
            Holly

- The Replacements

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
              I am working with diet as treatment.
              In the past 20+ years that I've been ill I have discovered that I definitely feel better and have fewer problems when I have been eating healthier. I hope you have good results, JerryD.
              Holly

- The Replacements

Comment

congrats on leaving limbo land

sorry to hear you have ms but on the upside

- no more limbo land!!
                - a chance of direction and positive changes
                - relapsing remitting from what i've read is the less-sucky form. it still sucks but you know what i mean.

good luck
                ---------
                Wishing everyone luck and as many good days as possible.

Comment

Working...
                X