Can't stop crying-Not MS related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't stop crying-Not MS related

Well, I have been absolutely exhausted yesterday and today after starting my first dose of Tysabri and haven't really been keeping in touch with people. My sister I think feels guilty telling me her medical issues now since I have MS because she feels hers pale in comparison. It made me mad because one of them she found out about 5 months ago was congestive heart failure. HELLO.......pretty dang serious! I keep trying to get her to eat healthier, but she won't do anything to help herself.

What I keep crying about is she is 5 years older than me at 37 and desperately wants a baby. She would be a wonderful mother and has always been great with kids. She has apparently had her period for 9 weeks straight and has not told anyone until today and told her Dr. She has a history of fibroid tumors behind her uterus but the gyno said that they would not interfere with pregnancy. She has tried for over a year to get pregnant with no success, but refuses to go to a fertility Dr to get hers or her husbands fertility checked. I am afraid that with the new symptoms that she has more fibroid tumors and will be forced to have a hysterectomy (spelling?). I know I am jumping the gun, but she goes to the gyno tomorrow and I am so nervous for her.

My husband bought me VIP tickets months ago for our 1 year annniversary for our favorite artist where we get a private concert by him and it is tomorrow night. How bad of a sister would I be if I went and she did find that out..............When my Mom had fibroid tumors and bled this long, she had to have a hysterectomy. I am sorry for rambling, I am just such a bundle of nerves right now! I think I am just really depressed right now about life and wish I could fix everything for everyone and then (not suicidal) but tap out. I am tired of hurting from the MS and can't handle much more emotionally!
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

ok 1st my parents tried for 5 years (i think, maybe 3) to have me. no fertility treatments. its only been a year your sister has been trying.

2nd go to the concert. you can stop your life for other ppl. what if you were not to go to the concert and everything is fine?
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Comment

Dr

She is on her way to they gyno right now. I sure hope that everything does not turn out the way I think it will. She will be the saddest person in the world!

Comment

How'd it go?

I hope everything went all right with your sister and the gyno appointment.

And that you went to the concert and had an awesome time.

Shelby

Comment

Sister

Unfortunately, my sister went to her appointment and the Dr got called into an emergency C-section so she is rescheduled for next week. I did go to the concert and had a great time, but by the time it was over, I was so exhausted and in so much pain. I did not take my afternoon baclofen because I was afraid to be too sleepy. It was an amazing time though! I will update you guys when I get news on my sister. My heart aches for her!

Comment

Update

I am about to get dressed. She just called hysterical. Her Dr. originally said after removing the tumors that she would be able to have kids. Today she found out that she cannot have kids ever. My poor sister. I love her so much. I just don't know what I can say that will make her feel better.

Comment

Oh my! That is a lot to deal with.

You're a great sister for worrying so much about your sis, but you can only do what you can do. Suggest she see someone about her period issues - the fibroids and your mother's history being more important than TTC, IMO.

But I don't think you should feel at all guilty about you plans with your husband. You need to take care of yourself as well as look out for your sister.
              Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Don't know what to say

By the time my Mother and I met her for lunch, she had calmed down. She seems to be a little unrealistic though and in denial and kept saying that God was going to perform a miracle on her and she was going to have a baby. While I know stranger things have happened, I feel like she is setting herself up for even more disappointment. We tried to get her and her husband to go ahead and think about signing up for adoption agencies since it takes so long to get approved. We said that way if they do get their "Miracle" during those few years, they can take their name off of the list. If not, they will already be on the list. Was that insensitive of us? We were on the subject of what alternatives there were.....

Comment

Working...
                X