Delayed side effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed side effects?

Hey there...took my first shot of this and felt fine, with no side effects until about 24 hours later, then it hit like a ton of bricks. Anyone else? Nurse said drinking lots of water could help prevent, but it did not seem to make much of a difference. Kind of has me worried since this is the lowest dosage. Advice? Thoughts?

Hi Kathyp12

Do you pre medicate with Ibuprofen (or similar)?....When I first started it was 6 hrs before I felt side effects. I take my shot at night and have been pretty successful at sleeping through the sweats, shakes, etc. I usually would have 'flu-like' symptoms in the morning and would explain away any nastiness I displayed with 'shot morning' .....

18 years later I rarely feel sick the next morning, in fact some days I feel better. I don't care what that study said (they didn't study me!) I am better now then before I started the Interferon..

Good luck and stick with it..you can do it!
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

I have been on Rebif since June and hit the 44mcg recently.
      I was terrified to start it but honestly, the symptoms are not that bad for me.

I make sure that I am getting enough water each day. I keep 2 Liter bottles in the fridge and push myself to drink it all down.

At 8pm, I have an alarm set to remind me to take aleve and at 9:30 or 10, I take my injection. Hopeful that I sleep through any of the issues.

I do notice that I have a stiff shoulders and neck, I usually feel a bit on the queasy side the next day but not badly. I do the manual injection as I have hated auto injects in the past. I have a mild red spot at the injection site.

It was scary at first but I am hopeful that Rebif works magic for me.

I hear icepacks(i have used a cold washcloth) on the injection site can help if that is bothering you.

Are you taking your shots am or pm?

Comment

Yep, take ibuprofen beforehand, and shot at 10 pm right before bed.

Night time is fine, fighting nausea all next day seems to be the big challenge at the moment.

Doing meal replacement shakes since they are easier to digest , as getting sick at work every other day won't be a good option.

Taking deep breaths and trying to get through all of this. Am not a patient person by nature, so it's frustrating to not know when the downhill slide will stop and things might eventually stabilize and get better.

On the plus side, the summer heat wave is gone and can finally go outside again. Thankful for small things.

Comment

QUESTION ABOUT REBIF

Has anyone ever taken rebif who had secondary progressive MS? What if any side effects or benefit have you experienced?

Comment

Working...
          X