Freaking out a little "not from MS"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freaking out a little "not from MS"

I got a call today that my pap came back abnormal. I have to go back on friday for more testing. The lady told me I have HPV and the "bad Kind" whatever that means. I think it is the kind that causes cancer more often.

I have never been with anyone but my husband and we have been married for 14 years. The nurse told me I could have had it for years and years but without an abnormal pap they don't test for it.

I am so frustrated. I had a partial historectomy (sorry I can't spell) I am gonna be so ticked if they have to go in and take the rest because I wanted him to take it all the first time.

Anyway I just needed to put the words out there so thanks to anyone who reads my worries.

calm

I would calm down. I have this too and if you go for your exams yearly as you are supposed to and they caught this abnormal test early, they can "freeze" your cervix and usually that will fix the issue. I think I then had to go back a month or 3 months later for another pap and then every 6 months for a few years after that to make sure that everything was fine. That abnormal pap was a one time deal (I was 17 and it was after being checked from a rape) and I have never had to deal with it again, but just as a precaution, I get them to test for anything and everything the insurance will cover everytime I go in each year. That will not change anything regarding the HPV, but it makes me feel like they are more thorough with their exam.

Here is to hoping they can freeze your cervix and take care of it this way. Please let us know and I will definitely be praying for you!
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

I agree, if possible, take a few deep breaths and try to relax. I'm sorry the person who spoke with you described anything as "bad". That is an inappropriate term, imo, and definitely one that required clarification and patient education before just hanging up to let you become consumed with worry.

As for the HPV itself according to the CDC about 50% of all people who are sexually active have it in some form:

How common are HPV and related diseases?

HPV (the virus). Approximately 20 million Americans are currently infected with HPV. Another 6 million people become newly infected each year. HPV is so common that at least 50% of sexually active men and women get it at some point in their lives.
      http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I had a positive pap when I was in my 20s and yhey froze my cervix, which was a simple office procedure.

I've had nothing but negative paps since then (20+ years).

Moreover, I now text negative for HPV, so my body has cleared the virus, which can happen.

Comment

Well I am scheduled for a leep cone biopsy on the 19th. I so wish my doctor would have just taken my cervix when I had my hystorectomy 2 years ago.

Oh well we just take the hits as they come and move on right.

Comment

Working...
          X