diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diet

my neurologist wants me on a no red meat diet and no sugar or diet soda(aspartame) but is stevia allowed? its good for diabetics just wondering if its okay for ms

Your neurologist is way ahead of the curve for regular MD types. Usually they talk in generalizations and point you toward a registered dietician (RD ). I would get this diet topic over to Tara's nutrition thread. She's the pro for diet, here.
    For what it's worth, I have found that eating less meat protein seems to limit UTI's. Dr. Weil says no more than 20% of one's diet should be protein. I try to stay between 10% and 20%. If you are a diabetic, this should be a serious consideration. Good luck

Comment

Hi nana! I am going to move your thread over to Tara's nutrition forum under The Wellness Room. I can't answer your question about stevia, but hopefully Tara or someone can. As always, it's good to talk with your Dr. or nutritionist about it.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

thanks

my ms neuro has been studying this disease for thirty years...he is very good about bringing my husband in first hand to see the weakness on physical exam...has his nurse come in to demonstrate regular strenghth on her then does the same tests on me.

Comment

Working...
        X