This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's island time - limbo check in 9/13/2012

Good Afternoon limbo island!! Grab a cabana boy or girl and order something to eat and drink. Grab a hammock and enjoy the cool breeze. It is a great time to visit the island.

Hope everyone is doing/feeling well this week? I hope the week has been good and everyone is feeling better.

Any doctors appts this week? Any tests this week? Any doctors or nruses that need to swim with the sharks? Any one need to scream?

In island news - I hope to see everyone on the island this week.

If you are undiagnosed then this is the place for you. Come and tell us your story. The island is waiting!

Well i am off to get kids off the bus and rest. I has been a long day and my SX really showed themselfs today. I will check back in soon. (((hugs))) everyone.

I am so ready...

... to grab a chair, have a drink with an umbrella in it (just one) and enjoy that island breeze! Work has been a bear this week. Had the EMG of my right leg and no damage, which is good, yet still an abnormal needle examination, much like the one in my right arm. MRI of cervical spine hasn't been scheduled yet.

Come join me and chill Maybe we can go to the lounge later and catch a good football game!

Hugs,
    Minnie

Comment

Make that two of us, Minniegirl. I'd like a tall one, nice and sweet. There has been enough sour today for me. It's time to put up the feet, calm the nerves and look forward to a new and better day tomorrow.

MVM, I raise my glass to your health and may the morning sun greet you with renewed vitality.
      It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Cool.

I was just talking to the guys in Rest Area 51 about the fact that we here in Tampa don't get below 90 until the second or third week of Oct. We don't get frost until after Christmas. Of course I don't have to shovel my humidity.

Wife is a H.S. foreign language teacher. Fridays are when she needs her umbrella drink the worst. In an hour she and I will both sitting by the pool with a cheese and veggie plate and a cool medicinal purposes only drink.

It was up to 95 but now has cooled off to 92.

I just finished my 12 ft. X12 ft. raised garden and gotten everything planted for the fall season. Lookin' good now that it is done. I did it in celebration of a delayed (by 2 mos.) relaps. Don't know when it's coming but I'm ready to sit back and watch the stuff grow. Aaaahhhhhhh.

Best to all of you this w/e.
        Dave Tampa, Fl
        "Journeyman"

Comment

ahh gardening sounds nice

It is so nice to know you're gardening. I have been dreaming of living in a little place with a nice herb/vege garden for as long as I can remember. Being in limbo presently I don't know where this is going or if it will be possible for me. To see that you're further into your journey and have a garden to enjoy gives me hope. Thank you so much. Enjoy your well earned bounty! Perhaps if we meet one day we can swap seeds
          ---------
          Wishing everyone luck and as many good days as possible.

Comment

Hi everyone

Just wanted to pop by before getting ready for work. I have my c-spine MRI this afternoon, with and without contrast. I thought I had read that contrast didn't make much difference in the spinal MRI? Lol, I've read a lot and sometimes I don't quite get it so who knows, maybe I read wrong. It wouldn't be the first time!

It is also being done on a 1.5 machine. Still, maybe there is something going on that it will find. I don't want anything, yet if there is something I want to know so I can deal with it.

I hope you all have a great day.

Hugs,
            Minnie

Comment

Thought i would drag myself out of my hammock. What a week.

Minniegirl - Hope your MRI went well and you get some answers soon.

Enjoy the breeze and i hope your week has been good. (((hugs)))

lusciousleaves - Hope your week has been good and you are feeling better.

Thank you for thinking of me and enjoy your drink. (((hugs)))

Journeyman - Enjoy wacthing your garden grow. Hope your wife and you have a good friday by your pool.

Take care and hope you are feeling good.(((hugs)))

unsureofanything - Welcome to the island. I am glad that you found us. Just know that we are here anytime you need to scream or vent. We all know how you are feeling and how hard and frustrating being in limbo is.

I did read your post on down the page. Just know that what you are feeling is all normal. It is scary and frustrating and at first if will be in the back of your head. In time it will get better and you will learn what you can and can not do.

Keep on talking and comeing here. Talking to others does help. I hope your doctors will give you answers soon. Lots of (((hugs)))

Well i am out remission. I lost control of my bladder and bowels on Friday. On Saturday i fell 2 times the 2nd time i cut up my knee. My fatigue and Vertigo are bad.

I did go and see my GP and he has put me on Prednisone. I just took my first dose today and i hope to feel better soon.

Well i am going back to my hammock. I will start the new thread in the morning. Good night limbo island and sweet dreams. Lots of (((hugs))) everyone.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your flare up Minivanmama. I hope you feel better soon. Now it's our turn to send you lots of (((hugs)))! I don't know about where you are, but the weather is so beautiful here right now. I live in Baltimore MD. I think if I had a flare now after that god awful hot summer I might hurt somebody.

A nice cold juicy orange always makes me feel better. Maybe you should try one. I will be thinking good thoughts for you!
                You can't stop washing your feet just because you're afraid you'll fall in the shower.

Comment

alishape - Thank you for thinking of me. I a little fatigued to day but better.

I am in GA and fall is in the air. The mornings are cool but the temps are in the 80's in the afternoon. I love the fall and spring temps here.

Lots of (((hugs)))

Comment

Working...
                  X