Feldenkrais anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldenkrais anyone?

Has anyone used Feldenkrais for MS, in particular for gait problems, balance, or strength imbalances, and, if so, was it useful?

I went to a Feldenkrais practitioner some years back when my balance and walking was getting worse. I think she helped me learn some techniques, but it was expensive. She started me out on very basic level exercises and by the time we were on to my actual walking exercises and a lot of sessions to get there, I had spent a lot of $! (Ins. did not cover)

It was relaxing and informative, but costly. A few years later I went to a PT (w/ ins. coverage) and really felt that this was a much better fit for me. Good luck on you decision!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Feldenkrais method is one approach that is used by therapists although i don't hear of it very often. There are several types of therapeutic approaches that have been development and/or modified through the years. Many practitioners, like myself, would/could incorporate a little bit from different approaches.

Therapists, whether OT, PT or physiotherapists, use various therapeutic methods. In my opinion, there is no one particular method that's better than another.
      The body should be treated as a whole and through assessment and reassessment the therapist will develop treatment plans encompassing patient and therapy goals to promote independence, education, safety, and wellness.
      Be Well,
      Susan

Comment

A Feldenkrais class is offered at our local MS Society once a week.
        Not sure if that's the case with others too.
        I haven't tried it yet but am thinking about it if I can find the energy

Comment

Sounds interesting. If you do go, please share your experiences.
          Thank you
          Be Well,
          Susan

Comment

Working...
          X