What vitamins are recomended??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What vitamins are recomended??

I have been slowly adding supliments to my meds but I am not sure if I am taking what I am supposed to or if I am taking them for the right reasons. Also I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on anything I am missing. Here is this list of what I am taking.

Vit D3 2000IU in morning
    Cranberry 500mg morning
    fish oil 1400mg evening
    one a day women's evening
    Biotin 5000mcg 2xdaily

I also do copaxone everyday
    Ritalin 2x a day
    Baclofen 10mg pm and extra if needed

Anyway I am feeling pretty good I just want to make sure I am doing everything I can. I am trying the MS diet and that also made me feel better.

I understand that I need to check with my doctor on all of this but it is my experience that if I have a starting point to ask him about I have better luck getting the information I need from the doctor.

Thanks for your help in advance.

If you go to clinicaltrials.gov, there is a study being done by Dr. Terry Wahl's on 'Nutrition and MS'. Her list of supplements is supplied.
    I wouldn't know what you need to take for your personal situation, but I would rely on blood tests to gauge the amounts /dosages of the vitamins, esp. vitamin D and the B vitamins. Do you know where you stand regarding your vitamin D levels ? They should be between 50 and 80 ng/mL. If you don't know what supplements to take, you need to find a nutritionist or doctor ( sometimes referred to as a 'naturopath' ) who can help you make those choices. Good luck

Comment

Thanks. I know my Vit D levels are finally up to where they are supposed to be. I guess maybe what I should have asked is what blood tests should I be asking for as they only checked my Vit D when I requested it. So I am not even sure where to begin.

I will check out the link above. Thanks again.

Comment

Lisa1014,

As part of your supplement research, I'd recommend a google search of the following with "multiple sclerosis".

Alpha Lipoic Acid
        Calcium 2aep
        Curcumin
        N acetyl glucosamine
        N acetyl cysteine
        Cinnamon
        Saffron
        Choline
        Soy Lecithin
        Apple Cider Vinegar

You will find lot's of interesting research being done. I take them all except Saffron.

Comment

Lisa,
          looking at your list you are missing a B complex. Get one that is a "whole food" complex. Beware, most Bs are synthetic.
          I suppose the women's one a day has B vitamins in it= but they will be synthetic.

And a calcium/ magnesium blend; calcium citrate w magnesium is a simple place to start.

Then if you look at your list (with what I recommended) it makes a multi vitamin.
          (you should DC the one a day)

in addition #1 a good diet!
          NutritionTara
          Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
          X