MS Diet Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS Diet Books

I just started researching them today. So far I haven't found any that are in large print or on Kindle.
    I have quite a bit of more research to do and I am hoping I missed it first time through.
    I DO know I will miss my peanut butter.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

techie,
    I have 2 MS diet books in my kitchen. The Swank diet and the McDougall diet book. I also have Montel's book. They are full of food info and contain many recipes. I don't know if they are printed in large print, sorry.

Comment

Thanks

I hadn't heard of McDougal.
      We have Swank. I can't believe how small the print is
      My husband does the cooking anyway! (It's safer)
      I tend to skip lines when I read and that can make for some awful tasting messes.
      techie
      Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

I just got the forks over knives cookbook as well.

the one thing is that since there is no single "MS Diet", you'll have to find one that agrees with your particular diet or modify it.

Comment

If you use Swank, and you keep to his concepts on diet, you will be in good shape. Dr. John McDougall has taken the Swank diet and expanded the ideas towards being more vegetarian but even Dr. McDougall credits Swank as his mentor. McDougall believes that fruit and veggies are the way to 'conquer' MS and a whole host of other diseases. If you notice, Swank writes that there is to be no meat in the first year of following his diet. good luck

Comment

McDougall is part of Forks and Knives, so that cook book will go nicely with Swank. I was reading it on the bus this morning. Nice recipies.

Comment

I encourage everyone to check out the cookbook selection at your local library (ha,ha..can u tell where I work!). There is a wide assortment of books featuring plant based diets. While not MS specific, plant based diets are the basis of most MS plans so you can use many recipes.

The gluten, legume free diets are popular now and there is also a wide selection of new books on that subject.

Although funding can be an issue, don't be afraid to call your library and request that certain books be purchased. Even if the funds are not available now, let them know your preferences for future ordering. Suggest they purchase some large print cookbooks and see what they say!
              Meet me in a land of hope and dreams. -Bruce Springsteen

Comment

Working...
              X