It's over I guess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scooter,
    I am glad you seem to be doing better. Stay strong and try not to stress. The last thing you need is stress causing more MS problems. I am so happy your kids are there with you. I was worried about you. Stay strong and don't forget to laugh. It helps!
    Christine

Comment

AMAZING

Scooter, I am amazed by your attitude! Seeing someone (even if casually), having fun, planning a cruise... You totally ROCK!

I need to take a page (or a couple of chapters) from your book!

Shelby

Comment

tuesdayschild- I deal with MS the same way, work around it and keep on trucking. feel better mentally and physically.
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Way to go Scooter, you sound like you're in a great place and all this can only mean good things for you! Seeing their Dad happy is all your girls want so having your golfer friend in your life to make you smile is just awesome for all of you.

If I may, you are a 'fan favourite' here, we're all cheering for you!

Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Just an update,we got back yesterday from 5 day trip to beach and some golf while there, lady freind also met my mother (we took her out for her 81st birthday friday)and my aunt and they both gave the thumbs up on her. I am slap wore out, we went all over the place and had an absolute blast the entire time. I spent 6 hours in a mall with her shopping and actually enjoyed it and I hate shopping.

Comment

wow

I am so happy for you Scooter. Things work in mysterious ways sometimes and it seems like this one was a blessing for your! Way to go!
              RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Wow Scooter - shopping? You need to speak with my dh!

And btw, you should start a new thread. Instead of "it's over I guess" a new one could be "starting over and loving it"

So happy for you!
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Registered Member

I'm so sorry you have to go through this rough time. Stay close to your children and grandchildren. . .they always have a way of bringing smiles to our faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
                    Just an update,we got back yesterday from 5 day trip to beach and some golf while there, lady freind also met my mother (we took her out for her 81st birthday friday)and my aunt and they both gave the thumbs up on her. I am slap wore out, we went all over the place and had an absolute blast the entire time. I spent 6 hours in a mall with her shopping and actually enjoyed it and I hate shopping.
                    This sounds like quite a whirlwind. Please be cautious and remember to keep some of your cards close to your chest.
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Scooter,

Wow, you have been and are going through so much.

Is MS leaving you alone?
                      I'm sure you know your symptoms and triggers.

Watching out for your own health has to be number one for yourself.
                      Of course, it benefits everyone for you take care of you.

I do hope that this new path leads to only better paths for you. Each fork in the road of our life teaches us something about us and others.

Glad that the counseling session you had was beneficial.
                      As many as it takes whenever necessary is all right.
                      No shame in better understanding.

Not sure if you journal or write you thoughts because you are an excellent writer.
                      It might be helpful with all situations you are currently involved in.

Thank you for allowing us to offer support and encouragement to you.

Comment

Jules- hard to keep cards close with her as we have been very good golfing freinds for 2 yrs and we discussed our lives with each other extensively. She probably knows more about me than anybody else.

twisterred-
                        Not sure if you journal or write you thoughts because you are an excellent writer.
                        I have to laugh at that as I can tell you the names of 2magazine editors that don't believe that, they tore up and just about completely rewrote 2 articles I submitted.

Seasha- I was speaking to my oldest daughter the other night and told her I had done that much shopping and she said " OK who is this and why do you have my dad's cell phone"

Thanks for all your comments and hopefully my story will help someone else going thru a similar situation.

Comment

Oh my gosh, I am so very sorry.
                          Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post

twisterred- I have to laugh at that as I can tell you the names of 2magazine editors that don't believe that, they tore up and just about completely rewrote 2 articles I submitted.
                            Big mistakes on their parts Scooter24, I still think you have a gift.

Comment

For those saying they are sorry all this happened plase don't feel that way, it appears to be the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time. I know I feel much better with the pressure of a failing marriage off my shoulders. I have more of a life now than I have in 10 yrs.

Comment

proud

I, for one, am proud of you Scooter for your positive attitude!
                                RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Working...
                                X