Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scooter

Scooter,

I see no reason not to see a mental health professional. The only thing it can do for you is help you. I was against it for a long time myself, but once I went, it really did help me and helped me see myself in a whole new light and learn so much about myself. I became a better me because of it.

If you feel you are ready to date, go for it. But always keep in mind that these ladies might be looking for something serious. If you are not, make sure you do not lead them on. It would not be fair. Too many times we jump in a rebound relationship too early and devastate the person we involve without meaning to. It took me a long time after my divorce to be able to fully open myself up to someone seriously, but i have also known people who have separated and started dating immediately and married the first person they started dating living happily ever after. It is all about each person and you know yourself better than any of us. The main thing is to keep yourself happy and do whatever it takes for that! I wish you all of the luck in the world!
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

She did you a favor, don't cave in regarding divorce. She abandoned you. Safeguard whatever assets you can.
      Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Had her sign a seperation agreement on wed, and she stated on it that she has everything that she wants and will not ask for anything else. The marriage is over period, will not take her back under any circumstances she has shown me her true side now. On to bigger and better things in life. Checking on cruises already for Nov time frame.
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I am shocked!

I can not believe after 25 years that she choose to end your marriage this way. It is really childish of her. It is also wrong of her to involve your kids. It doesn't matter if they are grown or not. One parent should not ask there children to pick a side or hide things from another parent. Move away with your dog and start a fresh life! You may do better with less stress. You are in my prayers. Stay strong my friend and keep your heart open for a new love. A real woman would not run like a child. Stay strong!

Comment

I'm sorry to read this Scooter, but you sound content and in a good place all things considered. It's very cowardly of her to use your illness as her reason to leave... are your kids sick too and that's why she's leaving them? Im sorry if that's inappropriate. Be sure to let us know how you're making out, you seem like such a kind, warm man.
            Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hey scooter

I live just west of charlotte in"G town' (Gastonia )
              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Dawn[/FONT]

Comment

I'm between Mooresville and Statesville , hello neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
                  On to bigger and better things in life. Checking on cruises already for Nov time frame.
                  NOW you're talking!!! You are really something, Scooter and we're proud of you!!!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi neighbor!

Whoop! Whoop!

A cruise sounds like the right kind of plan!
                    Good news that she left with what she wanted, you can "wash your hands" of her wants, & focus on not only your needs, but what YOU want!

Good riddence!

Comment

What is suprising me is my daughters do not seem to be overly upset about it either, they were here yesterday going thru what she left cleaning it out for me. Our youngest is very emotionsl and will tear up if I look at her as if she is in trouble and she was laughing and joking around yesterday.

Comment

Hey Scooter, I offer my prayers and hope for you and your family. I know it can be a roller coaster ride having to deal with a crises like this; it can only get better for you all. I quickly thought of the places you could start a cruise from, after reading that you were considering it. A few options could be. Charleston now has carnival cruises leaving from the port here. That might be an option it’s not too much of a driving distance from Charlotte, a bit farther would be Cape Canaveral or I also saw on the MS take care and hope all is well for you and or ladies in your life.

Comment

Very familiar with Charleston, lived there for 5 yrs, was part time firefighter on Hannihan fire dept while stationed there. I go there once or twice a year for golf vacation. Actually plans may be changing have always wanted to take a train across canada and then an Alaskan Cruise, will just have to wait for early summer for that. I had that planned for our 30th next yr. Thought about the MS cruise but that just wouldn't fit me I think.

I have a golf date for tomorrow, a very nice woman I play golf with regularly in our group called me this morning after she heard the news and asked if I wanted to play in the morning and then come over for bbq dinner she is hosting.We have always had fun playing together and enjoy each others company and usually ask that we can play together, she went thru a very messy div about 2 yrs ago. At least we know each other already and have a very good freindship so there won't be any pressure on us. We are both able to talk to the other on just about an topic and know everything about each others family etc.

Comment

Scooter24

So sorry that this has happened. I give you the same words that my friend gave me: When the wrong people leave your life, they are making room for the right people to come in. Will keep you & in my prayers
                            Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
                            UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Good fo you!

Your daughters are probably relieved for you!

It's good to know your divorce shouldn't be messy!

Enjoy this chapter of your life, sounds like you are in the right direction!

Comment

Things have turned around so fast in the last two weeks I am still spinning, have been on 3 dates with my lady golfer freind, haven't had that much fun in years I feel like I'm 20 again ( oh how I wish), She and I went out for breakfast with my girls this morning and they all told me later that they really like her, they hit it off really well they were talking and laughing like they had known each other for a long time. She is at her freinds bachlorette party tonight, not sure how she will be feeling in the morning, guess I will find out if she shows up to play golf or not.

Also received notification last week that my full disability from the VA was approved and recieved back pay for 8 months yesterday. It's just scarey as I have never had that much good luck in my life, I keep looking around like something is going to happen.

By the way the mental health clinic appointment went very well, she helped me by having me look at some things in a different way such as I was worried about being on my own for the rest of my life and she said look at as how happy I will be when I find the right person.

I just feel as a ton of weight has been taken off my shoulders and feel so much more relaxed.

Comment

Working...
                                X