It's over I guess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over I guess

Went out for a few hours saturday morning, got home about 2 and started noticing things missing around the house but not things anybody would steal such as pictures and a few little odds and ends. Found a letter on the mirror in the bathroom from the wife saying I had ruined her life by getting sick and she is leaving and not to try to contact her as she has changed her cell # and quit her job and was moving out of town.

This after 25 yrs of marriage. I am mobile and can take care of myself and only need help occasionally to lift something or to carry alot into the house so it isn't like she was having to take care of me all the time.

I knew things haven't been real great at home but there are a few outside influences causing those problems (kids). Niether of the kids know or are admitting to know anything or her whereabouts. She never really showed any interest in anything to do with my treatments etc. I have a few freinds that seem to take more interest in my progression etc than she did.

Actually by her leaving it will end alot of the problems that were going on. So I guess it's me and the dog now, good reason to get rid of the house and move into a condo or apartment so I don't need to worry about the yard work . Been thinking about moving about 200 miles, maybe this would be a good time and start fresh there.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Sorry scooter. After 25 years, you have to have gotton acustomed to a few things you each did a certain way. Good luck on your next chapter in life.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Scooter

so sorry Scooter, It's never easy...I only made it 17 years .... following my diagnosis he interpreted my sullen/pull-away behavior as an affair..
      My ex, his wife (of 21 years) and I are all friends and co raised our 3 children..

get that condo, move somewhere new..men have an easier time, you'll find a caring someone when you're ready.

Best of luck to you and I'm very sorry for your loss
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Scooter

I don't know what to say, other than you will be in my thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to you.

{{{HUGS}}}
        Echo
        DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

That sucks !

Iam so sorry that this happened!

To me, it shows this persons character to actually blame you for getting sick & bailing on you! Not to insult you, so if I do, I apologize, but what a B____!!!!!!

Good luck Scooter, I hope your new chapter in life brings smiles to your face!
          [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Dawn[/FONT]

Comment

Good luck with this new and hopefully more peaceful chapter in your life.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Hunterd- you are correct, had to make the coffee myself this morning

Pickcane- yes I agree with you, spoke to my mother yesterday and apparently she had told my mother when I was first dx that it wasn't fair for me to get MS and it was going to ruin her life but my mom never told me she said that.

Comment

Okay, so now you know just how selfish she is , & know that for your own self preservation, you CANNOT allow people in your life that are only about themselves , MS is difficult enough! Take care

Comment

Just had to chime in Scooter. I'm sorry for the unsettling news, but really - she doesn't deserve you. Now you have a fresh, clean slate ahead of you, so take a deep breath and make it happen on your own terms!! You might surprise yourself

I wish you well!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sorry Scooter

I'm so sorry for you. I had someone in my life for six years and he was a caring and loving man. He passed away two years ago, so I'm going it alone now. Bottom line is that this woman was very uncaring and selfish. MS is a lonely tough journey. There's so much uncertainty in each day. But you sound like the kind of guy with a good positive attitude. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,
                    Barbierow

Comment

Well my wife has proved what many of you have said, just found out via email this morning that not only has she left me but is now leaving the kids and grandbaby and is moving out of the country, so I guess it was a little more than my illness. Just cannot believe she would abandon the kids and grandbaby.

Comment

Sorry for you

Children, grand babies ,& YOU will have a more peaceful life without the uncaring,selfish behavior of this person!

Comment

wow

Scooter,

I am so sorry for what you are going through. You seem like a wonderful person and I know it is probably way too soon for it, but you will find someone that is worth your time now. Some people are too selfish to see what they have right in front of them. They have to deal with their decisions and when they realize the grass isn't greener, They will be the ones who have to look at themselves in the mirror everyday and reflect on their past decisions.

I say move to wherever your heart desires. Keep up your relationships with your family, and live your life as happy as you can. Why, because you deserve it!
                          RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Have spent more time with the kids this week than we have in a long time and enjoying the time. Youngest called this afternoon and said she was heading up with some hotwings for dinner, she spent about 4 hrs here. Apparently its been hard on them the last few years and they are more relaxed now also. Not planning on moving now, want to stay here by them.

My wife always seemed like such a caring and loving mother and guarded them like crazy and for her to just change gears all of a sudden like this just blows my mind.

You say it may be too soon but I have had 3 freinds already trying to set me up with thier freinds, my daughter asked if I was going to start dating and if I did and wasn't coming home she expected a call to let her know so.

My infusion nurse at the VA is all concerned how this will affect my sx etc and called today and said she had made me an appointment at the mental health clinic to see a dr on tuesday and if I didn't go I would have to answer to her about why not.

Comment

Pickcane where in NC do you live?

Comment

Working...
                              X