Depressing Denied at ALJ Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depressing Denied at ALJ Level

I just got my letter today saying that I have been denied at the ALJ level and now have to appeal. I have ALLSUP to help me. I can't walk or sit for long periods of time. My right hand is numb. I have pain in my legs and hands. I can't be too far from the bathroom because I have accidents. I am tired all the time. The bad thing is I only 38years old. Everyday is hard for me but the ALJ thinks that I can do light duty work like a cashier or assembly work. How am I suppose to do these things? The percentage of cases being won at this level is only 2% and now I'm scared to death. Should I drop this and force myself to work until I am in a wheelchair? Please help I am confussed!!

Same as me

My case is just like yours. I to am not sure if I should continue with allsup or appeal or file a new claime. My judge also threw in the fact tht I have been in a stable relationship as a reason. What was your outcome? Roger

Comment

"My judge also threw in the fact tht I have been in a stable relationship as a reason."

What does that mean, and what is the revelence to a disability or your SSDI claim?

Comment

I'm not sure of the percentage of people that get approved on their initial filing.

I used Allsup for my appeal and it went through on the first try. I never had to go before a judge at all.

Don't give up! Hopefully you can work with your Dr and they can help this process along as well. The only thing I had to do on their end was to see their neuro opthomologist. I never saw his report, but evidently was good enough.

Comment

Working...
        X