Gerd & Proton-pump inhibiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerd & Proton-pump inhibiters

I have been on acid reducers a very long time. I now know all foods I have big problems with. The list is long. With that said it has been 5 yrs away from the offending foods. I am having a painful time trying to get off ppi's. I am using organic apple cider vinegar. Any words of wisdom on how long for my digestion system to get over the ppi meds? It is painful. Thankyou for any advice

I'd go to a Naturopath doctor. Find one who combines knowlege of drugs and diet/herbs. I don't know much about gerd, but I supect that you can do a lot with diet, though vinegar doesn't seem a good choice, since it's acidic.

Are you a smoker or overweight? You might benefit from a good MS diet.

Comment

Hi redeemed:
      Getting off of GERD meds can be a long and involved process. If you've already been off of offending foods for five years and are still having trouble getting off the meds, there may be more going on with your diet than you're aware of.

An MS forum may not be the best place to get the support and information about GERD you need. Have you been to a GERD forum? What have you learned from your research? What has your GI doctor already told you?

Comment

Hi redeemed,
        I just picked up an article photocopied from the New York Times op-ed pages that was written by Mark Bittman, a well known chef. He writes about his GERD being caused, largely, by dairy products. The date of the article is July 8, 2012. Interesting facts.

Comment

Working...
        X