Avonex Pen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pen

I have been on the pen for 2 months, I like it a lot better then the syringe. I find the pen a lot easier, and that it did not hurt as much. I have not had any trouble with the release. I do have pain around the shot area for about 3 days. it feels like a pulled muscle. But I feel it is worth it.
    MS.Cure.Believe
    Diagnosed 11-11-12
    Multiple Sclerosis
    Syringomyelia, Syrnix
    Avonex user

Comment

Forgot to tell you something...

P.S. - The last 5 Avonex Pen Shots - NO Side effects at all !

Drink water !!! and I have taken Extra Strength Tylenol hours before I give myself my No Pain Shots with The PEN.

My body has now Accepted the Avonex Shots with NO SIDE EFFECTS.

Jordan

Originally posted by Jordan Ross View Post
      I am new to MS.
      17 shots of Avonex so far. Chills only as a side effect.

Easy to use and No Pain.

Walking, but no driving for now.
      Am a very young 65.
      Looking for love again after 38 years of marriage.

2 beautiful children & 2 beautiful grandchildren.
      I am in NJ. My children are in Pitts.]

Jordan (A very nice Jewish loving man)

Comment

I've been on Avonex for about 4 months. I did the first 4 doses with prefilled syringes (titrated doses) which helped a lot in terms of side effects I think.

I switched to the pen which is nice because I can give myself my injections and most of them are pain-free. I have had a couple that didn't go so well but I think its just a matter of getting used to the pen and reducing anxiety around the injections themselves.

The only thing I don't like about the pen is how hard it is to push the button. I know it's a safety thing so you don't accidentally push it before you're ready but I find that I get myself all ready for the shot and then press it to my leg, get it to unlock and then I can't push the silly button! Practice makes perfect I suppose

My understanding of the limited sites is just because the study they did only used the legs as a site so that's the only sites they can approve for use (that's what my nurse told me anyway)...theoretically using your arms as a site should be fine too

I like how smoothly the needle goes in with the pen. I was worried it would be as hard as the button is but there's a delay between pressing the button and the needle going in, and its nice and smooth and quick!!

I think the key is to stick with it, the more good injections I have, the more relaxed I am for the next one.

I inject in the mornings because I'm a light sleeper and my side effects were waking me up (chills mostly) so I'd rather have the chills when I'm up and about and I can do something about it rather than lay in bed and shake and shake! Now I get a minor headache and that's all but if I keep Aleve handy its not a big deal at all.

I take my medicine out the night before so that when I wake up in the morning its all ready to go, just wake up and inject before I get breakfast going. Then its done with and I have my whole day

Comment

Working...
        X