Ketogenic diet for neurological disorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ketogenic diet for neurological disorders

I happened to run across this somewhat comprehensive and very interesting write-up done while digging for info on another topic. The authors delve into the many studies that have been done using a ketogenic diet for neuroprotection in various neurological diseases. Most of the citations are also free full-text on pubmed.

It seemed like a good fit for this forum, especially in light of the many successes others claim with diets that come close to this same principle (Dr. Terry Wahl's, grain-free, etc.).

The link:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...1/?tool=pubmed
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Interesting. They mention a very broad selection of neurological conditions... but MS is conspicuous in its absence.

Comment

MS is absent but they do touch on inflammatory processes and energy metabolism. Dr. Wahls did her research based on the latest studies coming out of the broad scope of degenerative neurological diseases that are covered in this article. It's more of a "this is interesting that it benefits so many conditions," and "we should dig into this deeper," publication than anything else, which is encouraging. We do need more research of the dietary effects on CNS diseases.

Comment

But why not go with Swank, who tested his diet on MS patients or better, with Jelinek who updated it?

Comment

I'm sorry for the confusion. I only intended to post this for informational reading in case others might be interested. It wasn't meant to come across as a diet recommendation.

Comment

Working...
          X