Bladder tests Yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bladder tests Yesterday.

Well yesterday I had my bladder testing done.
    Not the most fun thing to go thru, but not quite as bad as feared or sounded. One thing that I think helped was the nurse and doc were nice & considerate.

They said to come with a full bladder, well I did exactly that. I pee'd a (slow) flood and thought my bladder had to be empty if not close to it. NO WAY Jose! I voided well over 200ml and still had over 300 PVR when they cathed me afterwards.

Bottom line;
    I have a couple tight spots (strictures) and surgery sometime next month. That should speed up the voiding and reduce some sx. I asked if it would eliminate having to self-cath, he did not think it would eliminate having to self-cath (should make cathing easier though) They even had minor problems trying to cath me due to the strictures.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Gomer, I'm so glad to hear you finally found a doc to help you with this. It's taken far too much effort and time to get that one person that would look for answers and offer solutions. Good for you. Best wishes on the surgery next month. I hope it really helps you out.
    It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

My doctor and nurses were also very compassionate and competent which I really appreciated. I wish I hadn't waited so long to make that appointment.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Thanks lusciousleaves & Jules A,

It's been a long and twisted road. I get my MS care at the VA. My MS doc sent me to VA urology back about Feb, for possible neurogenic bladder, Total waste of time, they did nothing checked nothing, except put up with it.

Then a few months ago, I had another drop in kidney function MY VA GP sent back to VA urology yet again. (another waste of time).

The following week, I had a bad night and unable to get in to a non-va urologist, I was able to get in to see a NP at another clinic (non-va). The NP checked my PVR and it was over 300ml.....and taught to self cath on the spot, nearly ended up in ER as well, sudden BP drop problem. (long story). That was when they scheduled full formal testing.

I have been sleeping much better since. (so has my wife)

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
        X