New Symptom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am having trouble

I have the urge to go but a trickle sometimes and nothing sometimes. Afterwards I am back again in about 15 minutes to finish. Not sure if I should wait until the 29th and tell my neuro or should I go ahead and see a urologist? This has been going on for about 4 or 5 weeks now and doesn't seem to be getting any better. Any suggestions? I am only 42 and thought I was too young for these kind of problems but I guess MS doesn't care about age.
    Kim,
    Dx 6/23/08 Avonex 7/08 - 11/11
    Gilenya 02/12 - present

Comment

New Symptom

Thank you Mamabug for your advice and concern. I will call the dr today and get myself tested. I will let you know how it went. No pun intended, lol.

I have had UTI's in the past when this whole thing started. I changed my diet thinking it was that. Then I thought I'm just getting old,lol (if 52 is old).

Then when it started getting more frequent and then not. I got concerned and when hubby gets concerned its time to take heed. I have been through so much like all of you have that I think ok ... its all in my head ... But now, I have to take heed again.

Thanks so much for your time.
      STR

Comment

I used to have a lot of trouble with frequent UTI's. Now, I take 1/2 tsp of D-Mannose powder twice a day. Seems to work (better than cranberry supplements, for me, which some people use) to prevent them.

You can likely purchase D-Mannose powder at your local health food store. I buy NOW brand from amazon.com; I think it's cheaper there.

~ Faith
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X