No announcement yet.

Montel on Dr Oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I didn't realize Montel would be such a hot-button issue! I'm not a fan of him or Dr. Oz but a coworker mentioned the episode and I watched it online. I really was just hoping someone might have some info on the different herbs and supplements he mentioned. I don't think he is marketing all of them

I am sane, so I don't buy that I will be "healed" by his methods, only hoping to find ways to increase my energy and improve my quality of life. I hear of so many suppleents that it literally boggles my mind!

Comment

two of them, Ann Romney, says that her horse riding took her from a W/C to strong and healthy!!! and Montel says that Juicing changed his life. i heard both of them say so !! maybe they are right but not so for most MSers. we all know that diet and exercise is good for everyone.Montel can downhill ski and Ann can walk up and down flights of steps. GOOD FOR THEM.it was when i became SPMS that things went downhill. i eat good and always have and exercise and always have,but still cant get my legs and walking back, but i'm trying.mark
      DX's,MS,1/8/04
      copaxone

Comment

I was just thinking that everything in MS is a hot button issue. One way or another, any treatment is an issue.

I'm covering all my bets: I'm doing diet (but not a GF one, I rank the science a little lower than Swank's), Interferon (what can I say? does it work? I don't know), Exercise (there is some proof and it makes me feel good), Meditation (Same as exercise) and good old positivity (when I'm not feeling too down,lol)

Because anyone who tells you they know what works in MS and what doesn't is lying to you and themselves.

We're on our own.

Comment

As a doctor friend once said (about back pain actually): when a health problem has a lot of proposed solutions, probably none of them really work all that well.

Comment

ENERGY FLOWS WHERE ATTENTION GOES

I think its quite sad to see people sitting here critisizing a celebritiy because they may be doing better then you. This is not to the original poster. Maybe, and this is just a hunch, just maybe, Montel doesnt sit around with his attitude in the gutter all day crying about how crappy he feels. Maybe Montel says hey Im going to make today the best I can. Its pathetic to me that so many people on here cry and whine EVERYDAY. Dont get me wrong I have SO many days where I am in SOOO much pain and want to GIVE UP and I come here to vent. I know what MS feels like. So does Montel. Just because he hasnt been bedridden or paralyzed doesnt make him any less of a victim of MS for gods sake. Maybe he just says Im not going to let my MS define me. Im not going to let my MS limit me. Im not going to let my MS control me. And gets on with his ******** life. Jeez. Some people on here are just as bitter as they come. I know we all have our good and bad days but seriously? Im so offended that apparently because I havent ever been rendered bedridden or paralyzed I must have NO IDEA what MS is REALLY like....give me a break. Watch the movie the Secret and move on with your lives. Theres more to your life then MS go live it.
            And to the original poster...im a single mother to a toddler...they dont have bottled energy ive looked lol. The best I can do is just fight through the fatigue. I HAVE to thats all I got.

Comment

I dont' think Montel is selling The Secret books or DVDs. Just the juicers.

Comment

The point is some people do the diet and don't progress while others do the same diet and do progress. The opposite as well, some people do don't do squat and don't progress and some people don't care for themselves and progress.

What some of us that are doing the diet, spending 200 US a month in suplements and living like monks are trying to say is...there is no absolute truth about MS and don't preach us that we are doing something wrong.

2 years ago I deadlifted 275 lbs for 10 reps and squated 15 reps *** to the floor with 245 lbs at 39. I know about exercise. I was training also like a dog to comeback to the highest level of tennis in my city.

MS is just a strange beast that does whatever it pleases.

I have lost 49.5 lbs in 1 year with The MS Recovery Diet so yes I am following the diet. And this year I have been 2 times in the hospital. And the pain is growing. Gilenya is my medicine.

We need more studies about MS, just exercise and diet won't do. Unless your MS is a nice one wich I wish for everyone to have, a bening one (MS).

Comment

It's true. We can't know what may and may not work and what may work now and not later. We can only do the best we can. I happen to believe that means diet, exercise and drugs.

I also find Montel irritating. Unfortunately, we don't have a spokesperson like Michael J Fox who is able to speak for people at all levels of disability without the need to sell things for a living.

Someone with a cane and a big smile would fit the bill. Not too disabled, not too active... Definately not what he/she used to be, but not down, no never down. Not too young, not too old... See - we still need Michael J Fox.

Comment

Look

I'm not saying you need to do anything the man says but the one thing I've learned from montel that really sticks with me is his attitude I love this site but I can't stand the pitty me attitude of half the people on here. Seriously? It's ms. I know it sucks. But it could be a lot worse. So I really wish people would stop crying acting like they got a death sentence and judging every celebrity who has MS like they need to act a certain way it's just so annoying and rude. Not either of you in particular either. I understand this disease SUCKS. It's the most unfair thing that's probably ever happened to me. I'm 24 and a single mother to a 22month old, I go to school, I clean, I cook, I do it all except work because I just can even fathom working right now. I'm going through it with my kids dad. I'm EXHAUSTED. My legs hurt so bad all day every day. My hands are weak and pretty much useless. And when I get sick with a cold (like now) it's a thousand times worse bu I can't spent my life whining and complaining about it. Yeah MS sucks but I'd like to know how many people have teapot changed thier attitudes

Comment

I saw that Dr. Oz episode, and I was impressed with Motnel's "recovery." Interesting, though, that he did not mention the CCSVI.

As for his energy level, he seems manic, to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X