Montel on Dr Oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montel on Dr Oz

Anyone have any info/experiences on the supplements that Montel Williams discussed on Dr Oz yesterday? Namely the chlorophyll, hops, and 3-root-tea? He sure is a bundle of energy- wish he could just bottle THAT!

Originally posted by newbie but goodie View Post
    He sure is a bundle of energy- wish he could just bottle THAT!
    Didn't see the show but ... he is also an actor. Not too hard to pull off "bundle of energy" for 60 min or less.
    DX 10/2008
    Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
    Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
    Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Originally posted by Toomnyhats View Post
      Didn't see the show but ... he is also an actor. Not too hard to pull off "bundle of energy" for 60 min or less.

I agree. not as difficult if you're getting paid as well.

I dont' think there is a replacement for being on a diet and following it religiously. I love my diet and woudln't go back. Exercise also gives energy. Do it in the pool if heat is an issue.

I'm not a fan of Montel, though I am thankful there is some public face of MS out there.

Comment

I just have to say if I ever meet him I'm gonna smack him. He perpetuates the thought that if people with ms just ate right and exercised they would be fine.

He is blessed to have had a pretty easy time of it compared to many msers. I am always happy for the people I meet who have the occasional relapse and then go back to life as usual. They ripsaw their 5ks, climb mountains and work 70 hours a week.

They make me look bad, lol!!

I wish there was more publicity on other forms of ms because right now people think Montel and Jack Osbourne and Mrs. Romney are what it's all about.

Writing this from my couch in physical pain while my body buzzes like I've got my hand in an electrical outlet and I'm too exhausted to shower yet again, but my daughter has a pool party so I'm waiting for a nuvigil to kick in.

Said nuvigil will get her me through a shower and her to her party and me back on the couch in buzzing semi consciousness until it's time to pick her up. At that point, I will beg my mom or,husband to make the pickup and cry because I'm a sucky mom.

Let's put that on Dr. oz and QVC!!

Melissa Goerke
        [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

That said, energy is one of the things exercise and diet help with the most

Comment

I am trying to do everything right and still MS is becoming very painful and I feel my progression within me. In my head, my arm and legs.

I now fully believe that people that say that they are great as normal is because their MS is totally bening.

Ms is kicking my a** even though I have been gluten free, dairy, legume, soy and fat free. Diet helps, but is not a cure.

I could be worse without diet but Montel is selling his books and blenders. And I have a better blender than Montel I bought a $ 500 Vitamix

I recommend doing an MS diet, it will help being less worse. But that it will help stop progression is 100% b**.

Comment

I'd have a higher regard for Montel if he wasn't always trying to sell me something.

Comment

Yes, I'm never advocating whatever he's selling. I'm saying that diet and exercise help.

Anyway, he is selling a product to the general market. That he has MS is really more important for us. He's not selling (as far as I know) an MS cure - just juicers.

Comment

I'm a bit amused by Montel lately. For years he advocated MJ and even went before Congress and testified. There's his famous interview in the Capitol where he basically says he was on his "medication" while testifying. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwVNp3a9HIk

He's had CCSVI and yet now all he credits for his life is his juicers and pressure cookers. His site has turned into an infomercial.

Hey, everybody has the right to make a buck, but be honest about the other things you use...who knows, maybe he gave up the MJ.

Big A...we've had this discussion before about diet (and I'm fine with that)....but the fact of exercise being something that makes you feel better or gives you energy, just isn't the case for me.

I've been walking in our pool in the evening. I do it to try to maintain some core strength (and I have no idea if it works, I don't feel it.) The reason I do it right before I go to bed, is it's cooler then and I'm in Florida, and it zaps my energy, doesn't give me more, so I can hit the sack once I'm done.

It also throws my balance off so bad, and that balance issue stays with me even into the night. I have to wall walk in the middle of the night if I have to go to the bathroom, and for me it's directly related to that walk in the pool, because before that the balance is not great, but okay. But it's about the only form of "exercise" I can manage, so I'll keep doing it...I just don't think it gives me one iota of energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Special Kay View Post
                    I'd have a higher regard for Montel if he wasn't always trying to sell me something.
                    I so agree with you on this! Oh, and I tried the chlorophyll business - yeah turns out it is internal deodorant...didnt energize me at all, but Im sure I smelled pretty nice. I dont watch montel on dr oz anymore. I'd be quite energized if I was getting paid too. You know he is the second public figure that has been touting food and supplements, as their savior, but has very quietly had CCSVI.

Comment

What is all this antagonism about? The guy is trying to get along with life, same as all of us. If you don't believe him, so be it. If you believe pot gives you some relief, so be it.

For those of you that don't believe in the diet way, don't get involved, no problem. But stop with all this negativity. Dr. Jelinek and Dr. Wahls found something that works, and I am going that way. And with my Vitamix in my arsenal. I will not give in to this, no matter what the 'negative Nellies' say. Focus on the prize, not the side stuff.

Comment

If you believe wholeheartedly in what you are doing for you and it is working for you (that is a wonderful position to be in BTW) why would you care even one iota about what any negative nellies have to say? One thing that having MS has taught me is that whatever I do or don't do there will always be someone who disarees with it. As long as I believe in what I am doing, and it is working for me - I dont understand why I would care what other people say about it. Especially people I dont even know. They will do works for them - you do what works for you. Montel is doing what works for him - more power to him. It really and truly has nothing to do with me. Most likely, it doesnt have anything to do with any of us.

Comment

RDMC - sure we do what we can. I've heard of people without MS who don't feel great after exercising. That's great that you're doing it, even if you don't feel a benefit. I think it's smart - we still need to keep moving , keep healthy and ward off other diseases. So good for you.

For me, and as long as I am able, it makes me feel great and keeps me out of depression. That there is evidence that it may help delay progression is an added benefit.

Lilly -I was a bit of a wimp for so long and having MS has given me the opportunity to take charge of my life, knowing it is limited - really getting that - and also that anything I have may be gone in the future. So I agree with that.

Comment

Clarifying

Hi,

Just want to clarify my animosity towards Montel. And, I'm. It trying to stir anything up or offend anyone. He is just a big hot button for me.

First I will point out that I do live a gluten free diet and I take numerous supplements. While it doesn't seem to have any discernible effect on my disease progression or disability,I know that it is good for my health in many other ways and that matters most.

I also exercise five days a week on my elliptical to the best of my ability, and I strengthen my arms with wrist weights (I cannot grip free weights).

Then I stretch/yoga and finally mediate for forty-ish minutes.

Basically, the first two hours of every weekday are focused on my physical health. Some days I am to walk to continue the active parts so I slowly stretch and then meditate and visualize energizing energy infusing my cells.

It definitely has to be helping. I can only imagine how weak I would be without this physical focus. I left a high profile career, because I could no longer perform, and the reduction in stress has also helped to slow things down. Add my buddy tysabri and I am doing all that I can, in my mind, to slow this down.

It is slower, but still marching and still pretty sucky.

Long winded way of saying that Montel keeps throwing out references in his qvc appearances (i'm a QVC adddict) about how much of a difference his juicer and exercise products have made to his disease. Yet he did try CSVI, and to my knowledge he was never rendered bedridden and paralyzed by a flare. I know that he struggled with pain, but that's all I've been able to find out.

He is so robust and energetic in all of his ads and he claims that it is because of all of his products. That's not the whole story.

Raise your hand if you have told someone you have MS and they have asked you if you have tried going gluten free or supplements like that is your cure. I love it when I sit slumped sideways in a chair, twitching, and tell them that I have found both to be very helpful, and I shudder to think how I would be without the.

Yeah, I'm a bit bitter sometimes about celebrities and disease advice. It started before MS with Jenny McCarthy "curing" her son's autism with a gluten free diet. My non-verbal, OCD crippled, 11 year old niece has not benefitted much from any diet or supplement regimen. She's sometimes violent and often disruptive and strangers love to suggest to her parents that they should "change her diet."

Okay, I'm done ranting. thank you for reading!
                            Melissa Goerke
                            [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

I watched this show and the hops recommendation gives me the thumbs up to have a few beers

Montel was injecting B-12 on the show, and Dr. Oz let Montel inject him in the stomach, the audience gasped I thought the B-12 injections were the reason for his energy level.

Last time I had my B-12 checked it was borderline high, so I guess the hops will be the way to go for me, lol!

Comment

Working...
                              X