Confused-please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused-please advise

I had an MRI on Friday. I got word today from my doctor, "the MRI is a normal scan, there are white matter seen, but that can be from an old injury or headaches. Re-test in 6 to 12 months."

I then told the nurse to please tell my doctor that I can't continue the way I am right now- I am falling almost daily.

I am EXHAUSTED by 2 p.m., I am worse after a shower or out in the sun. I am just in a word, miserable. I have had an "episode" 9 years ago- 3 weeks of not walking. She knows this. I am wondering if I should go above her and get to a neuro???? Help.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

many, if not most, of us have been in limbo awaiting a definite dx of MS.

about going over nurses head, depends on your relationship w/ your dr and staff. i have found it best to keep staff including nurses happy with you since they are easier to access.
    many times a nurse will be the mediator for me. she can catch the dr and ask my question and get back to me easier than leaving a msg and waiting who knows how long to hear back?

my approach would be to call same nurse back and really tell her how bad you feel and if she would please relay this to the dr. or have him call you that you can't wait that long to do something about your health. or ask her opinion about what you should do. nurses are very knowledgable and usually helpful. letting her know you respect her opinion should help communication between you, but only if you truly do respect her. if not, talk to a different nurse.

if that doesn't work, personally, i'd hunt down another dr. ask around for recommendations from the MS community in your area.

so sorry you're going thru this. i pray that you get to feeling better soon and have an understanding medical team.

take care and GOd bless ya!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
    X