MRI showed on "spot"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI showed on "spot"

The tech pointed out one small white spot. I've had a history of 3-4 concussion around 20 years ago. In the past 4 years I have been experiencing atypical migraines. Where I will get the euphoria w/ sun spots and nauseous and then proceed to sleep for hours. No real headache. The only injury to my brain was a car accident when I was 16, I received a gash above my right eyebrow, with perhaps a another minor concussion. Mr Dr. ordered the MRI to check for MS. I've also experienced numbness in my left pinky finger and the upper portion of my left thigh (this has gotten better). I don't know why but I cannot post pics yet but I will reply w/ one when I can.

Is the white spot a matter of concern? I will get my results later this week, but I'm sitting on edge now.

"one" spot... not "on"

Comment

I am sorry that you are going through this. I know it is scary to be going through.Just know that we are here as you wait for answers.

Keep us posted as how you are doing and what the doctor has to say. Wish i could be more help.

Praying that you will get answers soon. (((hugs)))

Comment

Hi sari:
        It isn't possible for anyone but your doctors to tell you whether the spot is significant. A lot of it depends on what the spot looks like (size, shape, etc.) and where in your brain it is. Migraines (typical or atypical) can cause spots in the brain. You also have a history of head injury that can complicate the situation. (And you haven't just had one brain injury. Those concussions were also brain injuries, so you've had 4 or 5 brain injuries.) And some doctors will say that any adult can have one nonspecific spot show up on an MRI. So the significance of the spot depends on its characteristics and how it fits in with your medical history.

The time waiting to get the results of tests can be scary and maddening. Just when you least feel like it, it's the time when you most need to practice patience. In the meantime, spend time with your family and friends and do things you enjoy. The end of the week will be here before you know it.

Comment

Thank you so much for all your kind words... Only having one small spot is reasuring but that fact that the sucker is still there really stinks. Since the one spots found do you guys think they may run more tests? I just don't know...

Comment

A radiology technician runs the MRI and administers the test.

A radiologist is an doctor with specialty training and is an imaging expert.

The radiologist sends a written report to your neurologist, and then you get your results

A technician that gives you any indication (good or bad) is downright wrong, and would get the tech fired at a the MRI diagnostic center where I go. I have been there many times, am on a first name basis with the techs, and they never give me so much as a "thumbs up or down."

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is ... pay no heed to what the tech told you. He/she has neither the education to interpret your MRI or the right to discuss it with you.

Talk with your doctor.

Comment

Working...
            X