Am I in Limbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I in Limbo?

Hi everyone, went to my PC three months ago complaining about electrical pains in my left knee and the fact that my right arm muscles where tight and my elbow hurt. He took blood for all arthritis diseases which came back neg and I did PT for arm and elbow. On follow up I laid all my sympthoms on him, the tingling, electrical shocks in right ankle and back, urination frequency, right side weakness and the fact I had been diagnosed with a cataract in Nov. He left the room and came back in and stated "I think you have MS". Did spine X-ray and more blood test, appt for othomologist and neurologist. He than stated that I was to come back in two weeks because he knows I will have a lot of questions. This is where I need help, what question does he expect me to ask. My appt with the neurologist isn't until Oct. Just because I have sympthoms of MS doesn't make it so. Could he be so sure it s MS by my history and his exam? Any suggestions on questions to ask him? Thank for reading.

Short answer..YES!

Your doctor told you he "thinks" you have MS, that officially puts you in limbo, at least till you have had a full complete MS workup. MS is not easy to Dx, and other possibles need to be eliminated, your Dr knew enough to start that process.

Sounds like you have a good doctor that is being honest and is up front with you.

You have found the best place on the web for support, links and information. As you read more, and learn more, you will be better equipped to ask your Dr questions. Just give yourself time and patience.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

I am glad that you found us. I am sorry that you are in limbo and looking for answers.

Your doctors sounds like he is working on finding answers. I think the questions you asked may be a start. I would be asking why he thinks that.

You may come up with more as you read and think about it. Keep on posting and i pray that you get answers soon.

(((hugs)))

Comment

Working...
      X