OMG - Copaxone or forget it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG - Copaxone or forget it?

I had a call yesterday from SS - they told me my work already cut my pharmacy benefit, but it's okay because I still have the health insurance and can use the specialty mail order pharmacy - so my cost will be $35 per month.

Um - I said, what happens in about a month when I lose my insurance? He said your cost will then be $4,300 per month !!!! huh?

Should I even bother? There's no way I can take this more than 4-6 weeks? Am I going to get kicked off of the disability from work if I'm not taking a med cause I can't afford it?

It never ends, does it?
    Peace, Love, Laughter
    michele - dx 2012, 1st sx 2000 - starting Copaxone 7/2012

It's never easy is it. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. Contact Shared Solutions, they have a COpaxone Assistance Program that covers a very high percentage of the cost, if approved.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

That is very scary thewildrose and I am so sorry that you are in such a lousy situation.

Teva Pharmaceuticals, the makers of Copaxone, has a patient assistance program that you may be eligible for. Here is a link to that page

http://www.patientassistance.com/pro...ceuticals-110/

I hope things work out for you.
      Angela Dx RRMS 7/2001; Copaxone 9/2001

Comment

Thank you

I have already discussed this with Shared Solutions. My neuro told me, if I don't have insurance, SS will not allow me to participate in the assistance program. SS pretty much confirmed this to me when I talked to them.

I checked out the Teva link - thank you. I will keep this handy. It sounds like it might be an option.

Thank you for understanding - I can only get this here
        Peace, Love, Laughter
        michele - dx 2012, 1st sx 2000 - starting Copaxone 7/2012

Comment

Working...
        X