No announcement yet.

Aubagio (Teriflunomide) Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laurasari, I think pb909 meant a forum here on MSWorld for Aubagio, like there is already for Rebif, Tysabri, etc.

Comment

Yes I did mean a board here, I now have my prescription and started yesterday 1/6.

Comment

getting ready to start aubagio

I just got off the phone with the 1 to 1 nurse with the Aubagio. Well, I'm scared to death now. After hearing the side effects and all. I looked on their website for a forum or local event to hear from other people on it and I too found nothing. I'll let you all know how it goes - if I indeed start it. It's going through my insurance etc. But it sounds like they are going to send it without checking to see if I want to pay the co-payment they come up with. People at Gileyna's events say they got it for free SO I want this for free!
        Skipping to Avonex - when I took that for not very long, I lost alot of hair. I don't want that to happen again.

Comment

Am starting Aubagio soon after being on Betaseron 11years

I tried to keep up with the information and clinical trials on teriflunoimide last year, but I was wowed by the relapse/disability numbers of the Lemtrada and wanted to wait until it came out, but after being on the Cladribine trial, it seems I've become more and more disabled, and the more that worsens, the more risk I'm willing to take on these newer drugs.

I'm hoping a "post box" will be designated for this drug on this site soon, so discussions about side effects and results can be bandied about. I will certainly keep this site posted with my personal results. As I told my Dr., I just want to feel better/walk better this year!

Comment

Lemtrada?

I haven't heard about Lemtrada? What's going on with that drug?

Comment

Originally posted by emily06 View Post
              I just got off the phone with the 1 to 1 nurse with the Aubagio. Well, I'm scared to death now. After hearing the side effects and all. I looked on their website for a forum or local event to hear from other people on it and I too found nothing. I'll let you all know how it goes - if I indeed start it. It's going through my insurance etc. But it sounds like they are going to send it without checking to see if I want to pay the co-payment they come up with. People at Gileyna's events say they got it for free SO I want this for free!
              Skipping to Avonex - when I took that for not very long, I lost alot of hair. I don't want that to happen again.
              1 to 1 nurse I have been working with has been very good. The max copayment is $35 if your insurance is more. Also they are covering my first 3 months. They even sent a starter 10 day pack to get me going if the approvals were delayed with my insurance.

Comment

Thanks for the info i did not think to look at other drugs but i did after you mentioned it.. Good luck Please keep me posted.

Comment

I heart Aubagio

I have been on Aubagio 14mg since October 21st and it has completely changed my life. I was diagnosed Jan 16th 2012 at the age of 26. I was on Betaseron for 8 months - it was a complete nightmare.. every side effect listed I experienced it. I had elevated liver enzymes, flu like symptoms plus it was an every-other-day injection. Aubagio is a small pill I take in the morning before work and never think about it again. I have not had one single side effect. My liver enzymes are back to normal levels. I haven't experienced any relapses and my normal symptoms are less severe. I feel like a normal person. I guess the biggest question is MRI results but it is too soon for that. So, for now I am enjoying my health and freedom from injections. [/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Jules59 View Post
                    I'm hoping a "post box" will be designated for this drug on this site soon, so discussions about side effects and results can be bandied about. I will certainly keep this site posted with my personal results. As I told my Dr., I just want to feel better/walk better this year!
                    We heard you and made changes! There is a new Aubagio sub-forum in the Medications forum and will move these posts over there!
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                      We heard you and made changes! There is a new Aubagio sub-forum in the Medications forum and will move these posts over there!
                      Thanks! This will be helpful for others wanting to know our first-hand experiences.

Comment

Thank you for this great information that you have shared with us and i hope you will be sharing the same with us whenever needed.

Comment

My dr has decided he will switch me to aubagio asuming my blood test and ppd are good the blood i had drawn mon and today i had the ppd so thurs i will return to have it read. Then we will move on from there. I am glad i have not read anything bad so please keep us posted how those of you that are on it are doing.
                          Thanks
                          laurie

Comment

Hello, my wife has been on Aubagio for the past 19 days and so far doing Great, in fact doing the best she has done in years. She was on Ty for around 3 yrs and was JVC +, finally came off it and went to Gylinia (?) for 2 wks had problems and now on the Aubagio and doing fine.

Between the Ty and Gylinia she got in really bad shape and started having Seizures and was confined to bed most of the time, could hardly walk without help and a walker. Doc gave her 2000mg of Solo Medrol (?) 500 mg at a time, and started the Aubagio and doing really good. I just hope its all from the pills.

She has the crud right now that is going around in this part of the S.E. and feels horrible but is fairly good with the MS. Hope it keeps on working this well
                            Woody

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Aubagio "issues".....

Aubagio "issues".....

Glad to hear some of you are responding positively on
                              Augabio... ...

I gave myself Avonex injections once a week in the thigh
                              when this MS roller coaster began......and it worked great
                              for a couple years....

Of course that was just after being correctly
                              diagnosed and right after completing 6-7 weeks of
                              Chemotherapy and Solumedrol infusions.

My last Tysabri infusion, # 61, was early December.

Next neuro. appointment was January and that is when my
                              neurologist informed me about Aubagio.

Since I have active JCV virus.....at this stage I figured
                              maybe I'm pushing the Tysabri-thing a bit too far.

Being in a "high risk" percentile of Tysabri patients I'm
                              gonna take his advice and switch......right?.....we'll see....

Everything ready to go and have letters from Medicare
                              Plus Blue PPO and the specialty pharmacy I was informed I
                              will use....approving the whole damn thing.....

COPAY ASSISTANCE.....

After being advised my first copay will be $473.51....

Got on the phone & 'net with EVERYBODY in a very
                              unsuccessful attempt to find a little help with these new
                              forthcoming bills.....nothing.....nowhere.....nada....nope.

Bite the bullet and call the specialty pharmacy and request
                              for FIRST shippment.....for $473.51...
                              ...credit card...

...UP FRONT....

...before med goes out...yea!...

WAIT....
                              Got a call back and the REAL copay will be $722 dollars and change...
                              ...credit card...

...UP FRONT....

...before med goes out...yea!......

I gotta figure a way out of this mess.....this is really getting
                              to be a real pain ***......

Happy Easter.

-
                              "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing…you're right."

-Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X