NEKA 21 NEWLY DIAGNOSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEKA 21 NEWLY DIAGNOSED

HI EVERYONE IM NEKA AND I WAS RECENTLY DIAGNOSED AROUND MY bIRTHDAY! FAMILY AND FRIENDS DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND MY NEW LIFE AND HALF THE TIME IM TOO SCARED TO TELL SOME PEOPLE ABOUT MY CONDITION, ALTHOUGH I KNOW ITS NOTHING IVE DONE AND ITS NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF! IVE MET WITH OLDER PEOPLE BUT I HAVENT MET ANYONE MY AGE YET TO KEEP ME MOTIVATED, OR TO EVEN SHARE SECRETS WITH ABOUT THIS NEW LIFE I HAVE IF YOUR CLOSE IN AGE PLEASE REACH OUT OR FACEBOOK ME CARTER NEKASTAR ROSSI :')

Im also 21. was diagnosed at 13.

first off, friends and family will never totally get it. but if they are your true friends, they will eventually understand what it is like. example: if your tired and say that yu are too tired to do something, they will understand that it isn't an excuse to not do something.

biggest tip i have is too laugh at ur self. I had a weak right hip for a while (no longer do) which caused my right leg to come down fast and hard. i had to train my left leg to walk at the same pace to keep from tripping. the result being that I walk (on flat surfaces with no crowds) at 4 mph. i know its weird that MS caused me to walk fast. I'll be walking with friends and i'll be far ahead b/c I cant walk st normal pace.
    my friends will be yelling for me to wait for them. I'll turn around and tell them 'come on guys, keep up with the cripple, keep up with the cripple'

I dont lety it stop me from things i really want to do. In the fall I have an internship in D.C. and I am a double major in environmental and political science. my life is a little crazy at times but w/e. it's my life
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Comment

There are so many people here for you to reach out to. I was diagnosed last year a few months before my 24th birthday. I have a few people that get it, I am blessed. My dad has MS, my cousin has MS, my best friend (of 20 years) dad has MS, and my fiance has stood by my side through the whole thing. I can tell you, though, finding acceptance and understanding can be really hard. My own mom refuses to talk to me about it because I am not dying.... but guess what? That is their issue.

All I can say is you can always reach out to me. All of my info is on my page. It is going to be hard at first, I wont lie to you about that. A lot of people go through tons of emotions just know that you do have people to talk to.
      -Kayla
      You were dealt a hard card, but take comfort in the fact that you are strong because the strong are the ones that are tried the hardest.

Comment

Hello

Hey Neka,

I am a bit older, 32, but there is not a forum for people my age. I am pretty newly diagnosed, last October, and I am still adjusting to everything. There are so many people here that are understanding and while they might not share every symptom you have, we will all be there for you and listen. I have had so many symptoms in 8 months that it is crazy. You seem to have several people that have your back and have a lot of knowledge about MS. Always know though that everyones MS is different. I have a 2nd cousin with MS and she has had it for 35 years. I have symptoms that she never experienced in her whole time she has had it. I will add you to FB in case you ever want to just chat with someone. I am on disability, so I am always available.
        RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

my info is in my profile too
          Learn from yesterday
          Live for today
          Hope for tomorrow

Comment

Hello!!

I have no idea if you will see this but I was sifting through the forums and saw this and was going to say that if you need a helping hand or ear lol my email address is in my profile... I am 20 and was diagnosed when I was 17 twas no fun!! If you are up to it head on over to the chat room from time to time

Comment

Working...
            X