last neuro visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last neuro visit

I was told at last neuro visit he would only be seeing ms patients starting in July . So I called today about the appt. I have with him next year for yearly check up .

Because I have no real dx so who am I supposed to see next year . His nurse told me I'm still supposed to see him so is that a dx or what .

drives me crazy at times when I hear how beneficial dmd's are and with no official dx I can't get on one so how much damage will be done before I get official dx?

I've only had 2 flares 1st one very mild only 1 leasion the next time very bad numerous leasions . Sorry about spelling I used to be an excellent speller but not so much anymore . thank you for listening to me vent .

It can get very frustrating sometimes . Tammy
    A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
    (unknown)

That does sound really frustrating. Can you make an appointment before next year to find out whether he's diagnosed you?
    Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

Have you thought about getting a second opinion perhaps at an MS research clinic nearby? I see you're from IL. I would think that one of the universities in Chicago should have an MS clinic.

Comment

I will probably talk to pcp and let them find out . They'll get answers quicker than I ever could .
        (unknown)

Comment

"I was told at last neuro visit he would only be seeing ms patients starting in July . So I called today about the appt. I have with him next year for yearly check up."

Neurologist see and treat neurological problems other than MS. Some specialize within their general specialty. Sounds to me like he has recently decided to specialize in MS, At least that is my interpretation.

Because I have no real dx so who am I supposed to see next year . His nurse told me I'm still supposed to see him so is that a dx or what .

Apparently based on your first paragraph, sounds like he at least considers your case probable MS and unlikely something else. That said, he still needs to meet specifications, like McDonald criteria for a formal MS Dx.

If you like this doc, is a good doc, and he is in favor of continuing with you, why change?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

First, I don't care who this guy is or what he is going to be 'specializing' in. He probably charges $400.00 a consult. He owes you clear and definite opinions. That's what the money is for.
            I was given my dx by a neuro that I liked but he was affiliated with a hospital that didn't have a well known MS department. I went to 2 other neuros and got similar. opinions Then, I went to the 'big shot' at the local 'big shot' hospital which has a well known MS clinic. All of this took about 6 to 9 months. That's all the time I was willing to wait. I mean, this is medicine in America not in the Sudan.
            I don't know where you live, exactly. But I am pretty sure you have a university hospital that has a MS clinic nearby to your home. And if it isn't nearby, there is the Cleveland Clinic, Northwestern U., Univ. of Chicago. All very well known hospitals.
            Do not wait for the local guy to waste your time. I am not trying to be 'Chicken Little'. The sky isn't falling, surely, but something is landing on you. Good luck

Comment

I go to INI in peoria il. It's a neurological institute an MS clinic .In 2002 I got a change in MRI showing a lesion they said from migraines but I was seen by neurologist who dx me with parkinson's early stages . In 2006 rt side weakness sent me for another MRI numerous lesions their words not mine . I believe I was mis dxed in 2002 . Numerous lesions I freaked out I went to pt for rt side weakness they suggested MS . So I started looking for answers .My PCP told me it's MS everything else has been ruled out But no dx from MS doc. Still don't meet mc donald criteria . So I wait an hope I don't have another flare as bad as the last one or lord knows if I'll recover as well as I did last time even though it took about a yr for most sx to leave an only rear up their ugly heads during fevers . I had alot of sx with last flare but I hunt an peck so it's hard to type very much . Makes me very angry sometimes because I keep hearing how much dmd's benefit people with MS an slow progression yet I've got to wait till I have even more lesionsbefore I get the opportunity to try to slow this down . Tammy
              (unknown)

Comment

Working...
              X