Gilenya & Go Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilenya & Go Program

My Dr. has recommended I go on Gilenya. I don't have insurance and wonder if anyone knows how this assistaance program works?

Sara

It's pretty easy. Just one form to fill out, then you submit proof of what your income is like, then your doc completes a form and sends all of it in together, then they evaluate you and tell you what assistance they can give.

I get mine for free.

It's certainly worth trying!

Comment

Thanks! Did you get help paying for the tests you have to have before?

Sara

Comment

Sara - I get my Gilenya for free because my ins has a $ 2,000/yr. prescrip cap.

My insurance did pay for the pre-screening appts., but I know that Gilenya will pay towards the appts. I think when I applied, the max they would pay towards them was $ 600.00. I think my appts. cost more than that, but you will have to look into it and see if your doctors can work with you on costs. I had an EKG, PFT, special eye exam and skin screening.

Good luck !

Comment

I got the tests via insurance (by the time I did them, my insurance covered it because I had paid my deductible for the year), so Novartis didn't assist me for that. Hopefully they'll cover yours!

Comment

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't have insurance. I do have access to some healthcare. So I should be able to get the EKG & labwork done.

I'm still waiting on my Dr. to call. She said she wanted to talk with me first. (a week ago) I'm trying to be patient, but..........

I just feel there is stuff I should be doing!

Sara

Comment

I got the EKG & blood work done yesterday. I still haven't signed any paperwork for assistance yet. I'm suppose to have the eye exam on Fri. The lady told me that the min. is $200. + tests. I sure would like to not pay for that!

Sara

Comment

Sara,
                there are other programs out there that can assist you in getting the assistance you need. If you go to needymeds.org or MSAA.com The national multiple sclerosis Society can also help.

If you talk to the Go Program let them know you don't have insurance they may can give you other links that can help you with assistance also.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out :-)

Comment

Thanks! I will.

Sara

Comment

Lots of very good info here. Thanks to all for providing it.
                    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Working...
                    X