Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fampyra - anyone else trying this????

Hi all

I haven't been here in a long time. My neuro just told me about Fampyra that was just recently approved for use in Canada. It's "Ampyra" in the states. The drug company is providing a FREE one month trial and I'm expecting delivery this afternoon.

Testing shows that it is only effective in about 40% of cases to help improve walking. I was hoping that if there are any others going to test it out that we could have a thread here to share results with others.

I'm hoping the moderator can make this a sticky post.

Stay inspired!
    Michelle
    brainangles.blogspot.ca
    Each smile, each laugh, each tear, is a moment lived.
    Moments tend to expand when shared.

I'm waiting for Ampyra to kick in.

Hi,
    Ampyra may work for you right away or may not. I've been on it for 3 weeks and don't see much of a difference. I've read and heard from some people to wait about a month to see any results. I was very fortunate that I was approved for $ for the drug and I don't have to pay for it. So hey, I'm going to try it and see. Good luck

Comment

I've been taking Amprya since August 2010. My family and I noticed improvements in my walking speed after taking it 3 days. It has been covered by my insurance (except $40/mo co-pay). I have missed a few doses when I miss refilling it in a timely manner. Yes, I can tell that it does make a difference when I have missed a few doses. Hope it works well for you.
      leeandcydsmom

Comment

Been on it for over a year...

I started with Aminopyridine which is the compounded version of Fampyra over a year ago. My insurance wouldn't par for it because it was deemed "experimental". Since Feb, I've been on Fampyra which my insurance does pay (Aminopyridine = $600/year Fampyra = $7000/year) and to be honest, I haven't noticed a difference at all. I'm ppms so I'm always afraid to stop something because it might actually be working. I do seem to have worse brain fog since switching but I have no idea if it's related.

Comment

Working...
        X