Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Gilenya or not To Gilenya... That is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Gilenya or not To Gilenya... That is the question.

Well its off to see the Neuro. I've been on gilenya since December and it was great at first. Then I had what I thought was 3 seperate relapses. But thanks to MS World support staff, I learned it was one relapse three different episode's.

My lastest problem has been Mouth Sore's.(canker sore's) It has been two months of frustration. When I get them, my Neuro takes me off the gilenya until they heal. Then I start the med again and a week later they're back.

Today My Nuero took me off the Meds for good. He wants to see me next week to discuss other med. I''ve been on Copaxone, Avonex, Gilenya, and Tysabri ( which I absolutely loved, darn PML) I don't know what else to try. Maybe Quit Meds all together? Maybe I'm actually in remittion and just don't know it. LOL

Mouth sores

How are you feeling? I can empathize w/ your mouth sores as I've gotten them with difference medications. I've found the best treatment (even better than the prescription Magic Mouthwash that tastes AWFUL) is a rinse of 1/2 water - 1/2 hydrogen peroxide. Wishing you much relief!

Comment

I have been on the same meds you have with solumedrol,copaxone,avonex,tysabri and now Gilenya. The only one that gave me mouth ulcers was the Gilenya and it was in the first 10 months. I'm on it now16 months and they have seemed to have subsided

Comment

I have also been on all the various meds. I had the bloodwork done to make sure I don't have the JC Virus. I don't, but still do not want to do the Tysabri. Gilenya made my eyes hurt.... Now waiting for BG-12. Until then, I'm taking HCG shots (pregnancy hormone) and losing wieght in the process. Gotta be happy about something!!
        Michelle

Comment

Gilenya or tysabri

I've had Tysabri for 4 to 5 years and relapse free. I recently tested positive to JCV and my neuro has recommended I use Gilenya. Does anyone have feedback on side effects and/or possibility of relapses with Gilenya?

I'm worried with Gilenya I might go backwards again after the great progress I've made with Tysabri.

Comment

Working...
          X