Stem cell therapy in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem cell therapy in Texas

I've been following stem cell research and the promise it holds for folks w/ MS. The articles always end with "in 5-10 years". Looks like Texas ain't waiting no more...

There is a video on youtube of Texas State Senator Rick Hardcastle talking about adult stem therapy he had for his MS with very successful results - in Houston. No immune system ablation required. Stem cells taken from your own fat, expanded to 600 million MSC. It's an IRB approved study, patient funded, so still pricey, but something to compare to overseas clinics. And this will get results that if positive, can be used for approval of the therapy and coverage by insurance.

Looks like the site cellmedicine.com posted that video, and that is the group in Panama.
    Started Tysabri October 2006

Comment

What is the cost in Texas

they are doing the same thing in California Stem Cell Treatment Center in Rancho Mirage

Comment

Originally posted by SugarLand View Post
        I've been following stem cell research and the promise it holds for folks w/ MS. The articles always end with "in 5-10 years". Looks like Texas ain't waiting no more...

There is a video on youtube of Texas State Senator Rick Hardcastle talking about adult stem therapy he had for his MS with very successful results - in Houston. No immune system ablation required. Stem cells taken from your own fat, expanded to 600 million MSC. It's an IRB approved study, patient funded, so still pricey, but something to compare to overseas clinics. And this will get results that if positive, can be used for approval of the therapy and coverage by insurance.
        That's Exciting!!! I live in Texas, so I love hearing about this!
        Ashley Ringstaff
        Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Here is my update. Under Texas State Health Board regulation in Texas, I was able to get treatment for multiple sclerosis /MS from adult stem cells derived from my own adipose tissue, a simple liposuction extraction. The stem cell lab/bank Celltex expanded them over 6 weeks to the highest dose available anywhere in the world, 600 million mesenchymal stem cells. My treatment was May 2012, already at 3 months I can am strong enough to wheel myself in a manual wheelchair instead of a scooter. I can take a walk everyday with the walker. I am no longer bladder incontinent. Leg spasms at night have stopped. Vision is improving.

The URL is celltexbank.com/ Celltex does not treat patients, they just process the cells, but they will refer you to a physician who is treating your disease with stem cells, under an IRB monitored trial. Finally we don't have to leave the US for stem cell therapy. This is a patient funded trial, which is I think the only way something this advanced could happen in the US. But it is not anymore than overseas clinics. But the results will be published, and if others have as positive a results as I am, this will be the proof that adult stem cell therapy is effective.

Comment

sugarland,

this is very interesting....if celltex only expands the mesenchymal cell population, where did you get the transplant done and what was the cost? and what was the celltex cost?

brad in sarasota

Comment

Please don't think of me as a 'Negative Nellie'.
              Anything I read about 'curative' therapies for this disease gets my skeptical mind going.
              If there is someone who has experienced curative results from stem cell therapy, I want to hear detailed information. Let's just say that 'in Texas' isn't good enough for me. Texas is a big place. Where in Texas ? Baylor U. or someone's basement in Laredo ?
              How about giving us the cost totals that includes travel, lodging, cost of treatment and any maintenance costs ? How about giving us a timeline for the treatment from day one ? I don't care what the website says, that stuff can be faked. If you really have first hand experience, tell us about it in detail. Stop referring solely to websites. That is crap.

Comment

I see that no one has posted about their 'cure' from this stem cell clinic in 'Texas'. I hoped that that someone would respond positively. I guess not. Snake oil, again.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                  Please don't think of me as a 'Negative Nellie'.
                  Anything I read about 'curative' therapies for this disease gets my skeptical mind going.
                  If there is someone who has experienced curative results from stem cell therapy, I want to hear detailed information. Let's just say that 'in Texas' isn't good enough for me. Texas is a big place. Where in Texas ? Baylor U. or someone's basement in Laredo ?
                  How about giving us the cost totals that includes travel, lodging, cost of treatment and any maintenance costs ? How about giving us a timeline for the treatment from day one ? I don't care what the website says, that stuff can be faked. If you really have first hand experience, tell us about it in detail. Stop referring solely to websites. That is crap.
                  Hello to all of you,

I do NOT have MS, but I have heart failure, I am on dialysis 4 times a week and I am diabetic.

In November of 2011 I had stem cell therapy performed on me in Cairo, Egypt under conditions which could hardly be called ideal.

A few months later, my heart ejection fraction went from 15% to 37%.

Although my kidneys did not regenerate enough to get me off dialysis BUT they went back to producing erythropoietin.

I was told back then that I would need several sessions (probably because of the crude method they use to harvest and regenerate the cells)

Needless to say I could not go back because of the upheaval which followed very shortly in Egypt.

I am posting this to give people hope that this treatment DOES work, of course I do not know how much it can help MS patients.

As to why it is lagging in the US, your guess is as good as mine.

Good luck to all of us.

Comment

I have been in contact with a different doctor in Amarillo, tx. It is not the same type of transplant it us the more standard type of transplant with chemo. Anyone else looking into this?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarLand View Post
                      Here is my update. Under Texas State Health Board regulation in Texas, I was able to get treatment for multiple sclerosis /MS from adult stem cells derived from my own adipose tissue, a simple liposuction extraction. The stem cell lab/bank Celltex expanded them over 6 weeks to the highest dose available anywhere in the world, 600 million mesenchymal stem cells. My treatment was May 2012, already at 3 months I can am strong enough to wheel myself in a manual wheelchair instead of a scooter. I can take a walk everyday with the walker. I am no longer bladder incontinent. Leg spasms at night have stopped. Vision is improving.

The URL is celltexbank.com/ Celltex does not treat patients, they just process the cells, but they will refer you to a physician who is treating your disease with stem cells, under an IRB monitored trial. Finally we don't have to leave the US for stem cell therapy. This is a patient funded trial, which is I think the only way something this advanced could happen in the US. But it is not anymore than overseas clinics. But the results will be published, and if others have as positive a results as I am, this will be the proof that adult stem cell therapy is effective.
                      Lipo and stem cells. almost like going to a spa. lol I like it!
                      Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

After reading and researching this, looks shady to me.
                        Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Working...
                        X