Update on an embarrassing problem; now solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on an embarrassing problem; now solved

Earlier in the year (forgot how long, by now!), I posted about a very embarrassing problem. I won't go into details, but it wasn't as "fun" as some would have thought.
    I did find out by searching online that this problem had been linked to a drug called Trazodone, which I had been taking to help me sleep through the night (perimenopause sx).

I stopped taking it right away, as it wasn't something I HAD to take or that I needed to "wean myself off of." I was amazed, after a few days, that the embarrassing sx disappeared! I did, however, begin to have trouble sleeping through the night again. I visited my pcp and explained everything. I was given a new rx for a similar drug, and it has worked quite well.

Just wanted to give that update in case anybody else was going through this situation and taking Trazodone.

My neuro just prescribed trazodone for me to start. I had been taking temazepam for many years. But the past 2 months I have been having elaborate dreams and when I woke up the next morning I was exhausted. I told him about that experience so he prescribed trazodone and he said I would feel better. Now I started checking on this site and see apparently you had a bad reaction. I guess I have to search more on this site to see what you're talking about.

Comment

Working...
    X