Hiking & Walking - "Poles for Mobility" DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiking & Walking - "Poles for Mobility" DVD

I am so fortunate to live within walking distance to work, and I used to do this to and from each day. MS, however, has changed this - fatigue, heat intolerance and slight foot drop - make it less fun, so I've gone on a quest to find a solution to get back to my former routine and found "Poles for Mobility" (DVD) by Jayah Faye Paley You can also see snippets of the DVD on Youtube.

The advantage to using trekking/hiking poles when walking increases upper body strength, generates core stability and balance; thus, spreading the work of walking throughout the body and keeping you from kissing the pavement. That being said, the best benefit of all is confidence!

Also, if you have questions, Jayah is amazingly responsive. Feel free to contact her (see the website) and you'll get a speedy response.

One last thing, Jayah recently was interviewed on the John Rowley Show on his MS Mondays webcast - click on the title of the blogpost to get the button to push it and listen adventurebuddies.net MS Radio Talk show

Check out her blog at "adventurebuddies"and have fun!

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you for sharing. I will pass it on, good to know
    Have a great day
    Be Well,
    Susan

Comment

Working...
    X