Decisions, decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions, decisions

After four years of no treatment or seeing the neuro I finally went back. After my scolding she prescribed Gilenya. I have all my testing done and it's all okay but...I am just nervous about all the side effects. I have tried Avonex, Beta Seron, Copaxone, Novantrone(made me crazy sick) and IV IG with little success. I guess I am looking for some honest experiences with Gilenya so I can decide the right thing for me.

Personally, no negatives. My walking improved, and my husband said that I hopped over our pug. I didn't notice at the time. I'm also taking Ampyra and trying to appeal the no to Provigil with insurance.
    Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

I'm also taking Ampyra and trying to appeal the no to Provigil with insurance.

Mine did not either. But you should ask for Nuvigil. It's a lot cheaper and is the preferred drug, at least on my plan. And probably the same for most. It still has to go through the same process. My Dr's office still had to call & talk to them about why. They are actually listed to help narcolepsy.

If you have access to your policy online, I would see if they have a way to price drugs. Mine pulls the generic and name brands. It tells me if it is preferred or not and what other options I have.

Comment

Moonbeam,
        Do you think it's the Gilenya that has improved your walking? If so, how long on it before noticing it?
        I've been on Gilenya almost 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
        X