No announcement yet.

MENOPAUSE MS - HRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also on Tysabri which I seem to do fine on. I have been wondering lately about menopause and my moods. Could it be hormonal? I am way more easily angered and stressed. Depression. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Thanks
    T.

Comment

Can You give more info? Age ? etc?

Members would be more able to identify and or give opinions if we knew more about your circumstances.
      All the best.

Comment

Menopause or MS.....

I will be 52 in August. I had a hysterectomy in 2006. 1 ovary left in. I have had menopausal symptoms really bad this year. The one symptom i am having difficulty with is an internal burning skin sensation, and a skin issue that i think is neurological. Dont like my skin touched. Feels like every hair folicle is stabbing me. The burning is bad in my vagina and exterior skin. To the point that i cant have intercourse. My GYN said i have no problems there. She suggested estrogen cream which i thought was helping, but it was short term.
        It has created a strain in my marriage.
        Has anyone else had this??

Comment

Originally posted by couponlady View Post
          I will be 52 in August. I had a hysterectomy in 2006. 1 ovary left in. I have had menopausal symptoms really bad this year. The one symptom i am having difficulty with is an internal burning skin sensation, and a skin issue that i think is neurological. Dont like my skin touched. Feels like every hair folicle is stabbing me. The burning is bad in my vagina and exterior skin. To the point that i cant have intercourse. My GYN said i have no problems there. She suggested estrogen cream which i thought was helping, but it was short term.
          It has created a strain in my marriage.
          Has anyone else had this??
          It sounds like you have developed a new MS symptom called Allodynia. Mine is pretty well-controlled with gabapentin.

Comment

allodynia

Originally posted by football-mom View Post
            It sounds like you have developed a new MS symptom called Allodynia. Mine is pretty well-controlled with gabapentin.
            I looked up the definition. sounds exactly what I have going on with my skin.
            definition for those who don't know:
            Allodynia occurs when a person feels pain in response to a stimulus that is normally not painful, such as a person's touch or even clothing or bed linens touching skin. ... MS Hug: Like many MS symptoms, the MS hug feels different for different people.Jun 13, 2017m

Comment

Working...
            X