Farewell Sweet Gilenya.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell Sweet Gilenya.

My neuro is yanking me off of Gilenya after 2 opportunistic infections in a year. I'm a little shocked because the drug's been doing great things for my MRI results. However, I'll grudgingly admit that it seems like I've become prone to an opportunistic infection every 6 months or so with plenty of URIs in between and it's better to quit now before I can catch something more serious.

I'm going to miss participating on this particular board and I hope that all of you do well on Gilenya.

Now I guess I'll just wait for BG-12 to hit the market.

I am sorry to hear that small town girl, but as we all know, sometimes the cons out weigh the pros with certain drugs no matter how well they are working I am going through some issues with G as well and will have to make a big decision regarding my treatment in the very near future. That being said, I will miss you on here, I have always appreciated your willingness to share your experiences while on G and hearing your positive outlook on things helped for me to make the decision to begin G myself. I wish you nothing but the best and hope that whatever path you take, it is one that is met with much success and a looooong remission...cheers!

Comment

I am off of G myself, have you heard anything about when bg-12 maybe released. I have heard maybe as far away as 2013.
      My new neuro wants me back on G. I am hesitant and now thinking about taking the rebif route while I wait.
      Looking for any input.
      I know he would really prefer Ty, I can't see going that route, then wanting to switch to bg-12.
      That looks like a lot of switches in a short time for the immune system.
      I figure at least rebif has been around and is understood.
      I feel a little dismayed after the last year.. yet I think many of my trouble were not G related.
      I don't know if I want to go back and find out.
      I know my ms is not good and I need to be on something.

Comment

My neuro said BG-12 should be out by late 2012 or early 2013. Typically it's a 10 month track from date of submission till FDA approval. That gets shortened by 4 months if the FDA puts something on the fast track. Currently, BG-12 isn't short-tracked and the submission was made in February, so it should be right around December / January.

My neuro decided it wasn't worth switching me to an injectible when we both thought my next best bet is BG-12. For now, she's got me on Gilenya every other day (at least until I catch my next URI or UTI and then she yanks me off completely). She said the injectibles can take up to 6 months to start working and I'd basically give myself 8 months of shots for around 2 months worth of protection. Given my history, plans and overall MS condition we thought I could probably make it through okay with 8 months of either half Gilenya or nothing at all.

I hope you figure out what you want to do and come up with a plan. It's always easier once you have that. I agree with you about Tysabri. I can't imagine ever taking that drug. Way too scary for me.

Comment

Thanks small town girl.

Really wish Bg-12 would hurry.

My ms is not doing so good off of the G.. but I am feeling better being of it.

Comment

Working...
          X